Breedlove`s use of a dowel rod to hold tension against the strings on the bridge is a major mistake. I just figured it out. I sent two emails explaining in detail, exactly what I have found. I hope they man up, and do what`s right.
Take your thumb and pick the "D" or "G" strings with a medium to medium/heavy attack from the 4th fret down and you will hear rattle or buzzing. This is the dowel rod. Don`t try to tighten it too much because it doesn`t matter how tight nor loose it is. It`s still gonna rattle. Just letting you know
Last edited by woodstock777 at Mar 12, 2016,
Update. I figured out exactly what is causing the problem. Breedlove brings the strings through the back of the bridge. Because of this, they created a brace, using a dowel rod connected to two blocks of wood inside the guitar. This keeps the bridge from being pulled off the top of the guitar because of the way they run the strings through it. It has a screw that you can tighten, "For heavier strings" or loosened. Doesn`t matter what you do to it. This can be adjusted to any position and it still buzzes because the vibration and sonics of the "D" and "G" strings are feeding back, so to speak, and causing the rattling noise. I don`t think they understand that by connecting a dowel rod between the top plate and side plate of an acoustic is like folding the two pieces of wood together. This is the flaw anyway. I have made two videos of this as I tried to figure out the issue. I know I`m knew here but I`m an old school guitarist and I`m not trash talking, nor talking down to anyone. I just want to help others so that you at least understand that there is a problem before you make the same mistake I made. of course this guitar is going back in the morning.
isn't that the bridge doctor?
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Breedlove should make the TS the CEO.
***************Sig***************
Taylor 314 & GS Mini & Martin LX1
Quote by woodstock777
Breedlove`s use of a dowel rod to hold tension against the strings on the bridge is a major mistake. I just figured it out. I sent two emails explaining in detail, exactly what I have found. I hope they man up, and do what`s right.
Take your thumb and pick the "D" or "G" strings with a medium to medium/heavy attack from the 4th fret down and you will hear rattle or buzzing. This is the dowel rod. Don`t try to tighten it too much because it doesn`t matter how tight nor loose it is. It`s still gonna rattle. Just letting you know

Most of the time a buzz coming from the soundboard is the result of a cracked or a loose brace or a crack in the soundboard. Adjusting the rod connected to the bridge wouldn't stop a rattle or buzz coming from a brace however adjusting the rod incorrectly could potentially damage the soundboard and/or bracing and create the problem you speak of or make an existing problem worse.

I haven't played a breedlove in about 10 years so I guess there could be something they have changed over the last few years however I suspect it's more likely that your guitar was defective or the rod was simply not adjusted correctly. I know you said you adjusted it to it's limits but usually, on a guitar, adjusting anything to it's limit is a bad idea and to fix the problem you might need somebody that knows how the system is intended to be adjusted.
Not taking any online orders.
Last edited by CorduroyEW at Mar 16, 2016,
De string it put your arm in the sound hole and have a feel of the braces. If anything feels questionable then hold it tight with both hands (one in the guitar one on top) and get someone to tap the sound board. If you have no one available then find something like a pencil with an eraser on the end. Hold it in your mouth and drop it rubber side first onto the soundboard. If it still rattles try the same method on all braces. If it rattles for every brace then you either have multiple loose braces (possible if the guitar had something pressing on it in transit/store storage) or what you suspect to be the issue is true.
Last edited by Thom1989 at Mar 29, 2016,