I'm trying to record a guitar cover in reaper but I have one problem, WHILE recording I can't hear what I'm playing, once I'm done recording I can press play button and I can hear it just fine... P.S Before this problem occurred there was a "record monitoring" button on a track but now it disappeared... any advices? I searched everywhere but couldn't find the fix for my problem
I'm on my phone right now so I can't confirm this but the quick start manual says you have to right- click the recording button (recording arm) on the track.
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
Quote by Kyleisthename
I'm on my phone right now so I can't confirm this but the quick start manual says you have to right- click the recording button (recording arm) on the track.

I dont think this is correct, unless there is another way to record monitor that I dont know about.

You record monitor button probably disappeared because the audio tracks window pane needs to be expanded out towards the right (hover your mouse over the divider between where the tracks are and where the waveforms/recording space is and drag that over to the right so your track panes will expand horiztonally). More options/buttons will show up after you expand it
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

You right click it and click monitor input
It's literally in the quick guide from the website. http://www.reaper.fm/guides/REAPER%20Quick%20Start.pdf
I just did it too
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
Last edited by Kyleisthename at Mar 13, 2016,
Some interfaces also support direct monitoring to eliminate the latency. Depending on brand it might be a button or fader on the interface unit or if it has a DSP mixer, the button or fader will be in it. In those cases you disable monitoring that track in Reaper.