So, I picked up my ISP decimator. I thought it was able to run off 9v batteries, but nope. No biggie, I'll just get a power supply.
I get one from Walmart, a universal adapter, and...nothing. I canhear some clipping and sound going through, but thats it.

I'm pretty sure it's user error, but I need to ask. The powe supply I have does 2000mV, and I thought I read something about 3500mV being necessary.

Thanks
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
3500mV? Did you mean 35mA? That is what ISP says.

You said "universal adapter". That concerns me. Adapters are not universal and most electrically-powered devices need certain power parameters. You could have broken it if the power parameters did not match (and likely you did).

The ISP Decimator needs 35mA (the manual says 100mA to be save) 9v DC. Cannot see anything about polarity but it is center negative from what I can see.
Last edited by Will Lane at Mar 12, 2016,
The polarity of the pedal and adapter are probably more important than the rating. You can absolutely fry a pedal if it gets hit with the wrong polarity. Check the ISP's manual or bottom plate, which should have a little picture telling you what is positive and what is negative. Then check the adapter.
Dave @ Seymour Duncan
The polarity was it! I'm in business now, thanks!
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX

Quote by dannyalcatraz

Yes.
Guitar/Bass:
*mods

Amps/FX

Quote by dannyalcatraz

Yeah, things worked once user error was addressed.
Guitar/Bass:
*mods

Amps/FX

Quote by dannyalcatraz