Page 1 of 5
BBT best show ever, here is my fan episode

*Penny walks in on Sheldon playing a video game"

Penny: Ugh, what is it with you and video games, they're so pointless!

Sheldon: What are you talking about Penny? I am accumulating a plethora of points.

*Laughter*

Sheldon: In fact...

Video Game: NEW HIGH SCORE ATTAINED, CONGRATS SHELDO

*Laughter*

Sheldon: Bazinga!

Penny:...Sheldo?

Sheldon: There was only room for 5 characters.

*Laughter*

Penny: *sighs* I'll never understand you geeks, how could you just waste away your lives on this stuff. *Turns on tv* Ooh, season 7 of Vampire Romance is on!

*Laughter*

Sheldon: Uhm, I take it you don't need me to point out the irony here, but I'm going to anyways.

*LAUGHS*

Penny: Cram it, Sheldo!

*AUDIENCE ROARS, APPLUASE*

Share yours here VVV
>big bang theory
stopped reading there, entered thread to express my disgust, left thread and periodically checked for replies
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
I must be missing something with that show. I know so many people that are into it, and I've literally never laughed at it once.
Aren't fan scripts supposed to include voracious fucking?
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz
Aren't fan scripts supposed to include voracious fucking?

i edited out that part. Let's just say, Sheldo crams it alright
I watched an episode recently and it's not as awful as people making it out here. It started off terribly but they're like, 8 or 9 seasons in? The writers and actors have gotten more familiar with the material and characters. It still suffers from too-many-jokes syndrome, but so many sitcoms have this and always had.
how could anyone become attached to Sheldon or the awkward dude or the awkward indian dude or the stereotypical dumb girl

it's unbearable it's almost a parody of a parody of itself
ha-haaa
Quote by mattedbird
I must be missing something with that show. I know so many people that are into it, and I've literally never laughed at it once.

It's incredibly hit or miss. Some episodes are brilliant, some episodes you turn off 5 minutes in.

I use to hate it because of the excessive laugh track usage, but I find it watchable now.
Last edited by CaptainRon at Mar 12, 2016,
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
I watched an episode recently and it's not as awful as people making it out here. It started off terribly but they're like, 8 or 9 seasons in? The writers and actors have gotten more familiar with the material and characters. It still suffers from too-many-jokes syndrome, but so many sitcoms have this and always had.

Yeah people try to claim it's the worst sitcom ever but it's more in that mediocre sweet spot

It's like cmon people it's been years find a new punching bag
Quote by CaptainRon
It's incredibly hit and miss. Some episodes are brilliant, some episodes you turn off 5 minutes in.

I use to hate it because of the excessive laugh track usage, but I find it watchable now.

maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance. I think it's just a different kind of humor I don't relate to.
Quote by Banjocal
how could anyone become attached to Sheldon or the awkward dude or the awkward indian dude or the stereotypical dumb girl

it's unbearable it's almost a parody of a parody of itself

They've all developed as characters well. You shouldn't post Penny isn't the dumb girl anymore, Sheldon is getting less awkward, Raj is less awkward, and Howard is married. It's really not that bad of a show, people here just like to shit on it.
Quote by mattedbird
maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance. I think it's just a different kind of humor I don't relate to.

yeah, GOOD humor... you have to be kinda smart to even get the multitudinous jokes or references
Quote by ehbacon
They've all developed as characters well. You shouldn't post Penny isn't the dumb girl anymore, Sheldon is getting less awkward, Raj is less awkward, and Howard is married. It's really not that bad of a show, people here just like to shit on it.
yeah but Sheldon is still in it

anyway my shut of point was
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yydR6r7NNE
bc that's just a terrible reading and utterly unfunny
ha-haaa
Young nerdy folks think the show was made for them, and find themselves disappointed. It's actually aimed at their parents who laugh and say "HA! My son is like that. What a fucking nerd."
Quote by ehbacon
That scene wasn't included to be funny, so your point isn't valid
Good comedy mixes minor plot points with coherent and accurately referenced humour (unlike how TBBT references the humanities), rather than simply using is as oh so much colourless wall paste to slap a quiet laugh track over
ha-haaa
Last edited by Banjocal at Mar 12, 2016,
I preferred Raj tbh

the scene where he nearly hired a hooker was kind of amusing
ha-haaa
Quote by Banjocal
Good comedy mixes minor plot points with coherent and accurately referenced humour (unlike how TBBT references the humanities), rather than simply using is as oh so much colourless wall paste to slap a quiet laugh track over

Omg so elitist
Quote by Weaponized
yeah, GOOD humor... you have to be kinda smart to even get the multitudinous jokes or references

Are you calling me unsmarts?
Quote by sashki
Young nerdy folks think the show was made for them, and find themselves disappointed. It's actually aimed at their parents who laugh and say "HA! My son is like that. What a fucking nerd."
this makes sense to me...I don't have kids
I loved BBT when it first came out, and the first few seasons were fantastic, but now it's just become tired,

Sheldon has just become an exercise in Deus Ex Machina, whereby basically he has a particular trait or quirk that becomes relevant for a short period, then is never spoken of again..

And Howard and Bernadette are about to have a baby, which is pretty much a show killer. They really need to just wrap it up before it becomes Community Season 4
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Sheldon is literally the only likable character in the show tho

Also this
Leonard and Amy just whine all the time
Howard and Bernadette have pretty much no chemistry
Penny has evolved from being the sweet "girl next door" to this massively sarcastic obnoxious biatch (Worst character development ever)
And Raj just seems to be there to make up the numbers now
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Last edited by i_lovemetallica at Mar 12, 2016,
It's kind of like Nickelback, are they really that bad?

Yes they are, and so is that show, and you should feel bad for defending it.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
This show is garbage and penny's sex appeal is the only thing keeping the show going. If they didn't have a pretty face to distract people nobody would watch this show.
^Eh, I guess, like I said though, I don't find Penny attractive anymore (not because of her hair, people can shut the fuck up about that), but because she's morphed into a totally unpleasant person. If you isolate Penny's dialogue, it's all incredibly snarky and would be incredibly draining to listen to for a long time.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica
^Eh, I guess, like I said though, I don't find Penny attractive anymore (not because of her hair, people can shut the fuck up about that), but because she's morphed into a totally unpleasant person. If you isolate Penny's dialogue, it's all incredibly snarky and would be incredibly draining to listen to for a long time.

Who actually listens to her dialogue? Are you gay? You're supposed to just zone out and stare at her. That's her role in the show.
gotta be quicker on the draw
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
The OP could honestly be an episode. If you told me it was I'd believe you

Quote by GuitarGod_92 at #33876332
Yeah people try to claim it's the worst sitcom ever but it's more in that mediocre sweet spot

It's like cmon people it's been years find a new punching bag

This is actually true. The show is horrible, but almost everything else on CBS is worse. Two Broke Girls and Mike and Molly are offensively unfunny.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Mar 12, 2016,
Quote by mattedbird
you didn't have to delete it

not sure why I did, actually.

I'm sick today and mindlessly staring at my computer. probably did it without thinking
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
not sure why I did, actually.

I'm sick today and mindlessly staring at my computer. probably did it without thinking
you were lookin' out for me cause I deleted it. that's cool......get feelin' better
Page 1 of 5