Nice! The intro is wonderful and there are some nice riffs flowing. The mix however could be improved,some lead parts were buried by the rhythm guitars (too much gain!) and the the whole mix is like a volume war between different instruments. What were you using on this track? (Instruments,DAW,etc.)

And btw,nice editing in the video!

C4C,choose something from my Soundcloud!
Quote by GuitarManiac110
Nice! The intro is wonderful and there are some nice riffs flowing. The mix however could be improved,some lead parts were buried by the rhythm guitars (too much gain!) and the the whole mix is like a volume war between different instruments. What were you using on this track? (Instruments,DAW,etc.)

And btw,nice editing in the video!

C4C,choose something from my Soundcloud!

So noted! I always wondered how to go about properly mixing.

I opened up your soundcloud and was received my Water Drops which such a warm welcome! The whole mood of the song reminded me of a more mellow CHON. And also listened to a bit of The Long Road which has a sweet energetic intro, but the synths kinda hit me hard (even though I'm sure it's my earphones). Overall, you're very creative because I also listened to Incursion and that was a very interesting track, like something you'd hear fighting a boss in an rpg. Anyway, thanks for the listen, my friend, I honestly appreciate it!

EDIT: I forgot, I used my Deviser L-G6 (with the stock pickups from the Jackson) for part of the rhythm and my Jackson JS32Q (EMG 81/85) for the rest of the rhythm and all the leads.
Mixed it all in Cubase 7, using Superior Drummer 2 for drums and played the bass myself. Mastered it in FL Studio 10! And the video editing was done in Sony Vegas 13, thanks for the compliment on the video editing!
Last edited by LourDeo_15 at Mar 14, 2016,
Hey man. Thanks for the crit. First off I like what you've done to your guitar. Looks very cool haha. The playing is very impressive. Tight and interesting. I think the tone is solid but a bit too much gain which is more noticeable once the leads start. A minor complaint but think about dialling it down and generating some oomph from the bass. The lead playing is really excellent. No complaints there other than as I say it occasionally is lost due to the rhythm tones. From a songwriting perspective there wasn't really a discernible hook or pattern which is something I enjoy and often write in that style but a casual listener may find it hard going. All that said, I think your playing is excellent and you write great interesting riffs and leads. Keep it up!
LourDeo,
Guitar playing is quite good, though I agree it could have more of a hook at times. I don't like highly repetitive melodies, though sometimes more simple, slightly repetitive guitar riffs are more catchy (typically with decent vocals) than complex, ever-changing riffs (stick with what you feel passion for though). Though on second listen, that feeling lessened, and I better recognized the main riffs. You have guitar playing talent, no doubt. Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1700332