Hello,

I was decided to buy a Peavey Bandit 112 second hand, but yesterday I saw an offer of a Hughes&Kettner Attax 100 Combo for some 100 euros more than the used Bandit and new.

Now I am doubting if I sould go for the H&K and forget about the Bandit. Some help from experts please.

Which amp do you like best (mostly in terms of crunch/distortion sound but in general also)?
I'd suggest that you fill out the below info, and let us help you find the best amp you can get for your style and price range. I've never heard of that H&K amp before, but I've owned a bandit before, and it was not that great of an amp.

Budget? - What is practical for you and what is your limit?

Genres? - What style do you play mostly, fav guitarists, do you need cleans, etc?

New or Used? - Lots of great amps out there used, especially in a down economy.

Home or Gig? - Also important. Maybe you do both. Jamming with a drummer can be considered 'gigging' but you won't have a PA etc.

Closest City? - We aren't here to stalk you but we need to know where you are in the world roughly and we can help further if we know what city you are in (ie craigslist, local shops, Guitar Center used section, etc)

Current Gear? - Also good for us to know.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Quote by red.guitar
I'd suggest that you fill out the below info, and let us help you find the best amp you can get for your style and price range. I've never heard of that H&K amp before, but I've owned a bandit before, and it was not that great of an amp.

Budget? - What is practical for you and what is your limit?

Genres? - What style do you play mostly, fav guitarists, do you need cleans, etc?

New or Used? - Lots of great amps out there used, especially in a down economy.

Home or Gig? - Also important. Maybe you do both. Jamming with a drummer can be considered 'gigging' but you won't have a PA etc.

Closest City? - We aren't here to stalk you but we need to know where you are in the world roughly and we can help further if we know what city you are in (ie craigslist, local shops, Guitar Center used section, etc)

Current Gear? - Also good for us to know.

Thanks for the answer red.guitar.

I had already concluded that I needed a Peavey Bandit. I am playing with a drummer friend in a tiny place and my budget was 200 euros more or less, including second hand amps.
Friends advised to get a used Bandit 112 which is a good and robust amp for that price and performs very well when playing crunchy distortion.

But as I told before I saw this H&K offer and I wanted to know if it's worth to put a few euros more and get it instead of the Bandit.
Quote by frangs
Hello,

I was decided to buy a Peavey Bandit 112 second hand, but yesterday I saw an offer of a Hughes&Kettner Attax 100 Combo for some 100 euros more than the used Bandit and new.

Now I am doubting if I sould go for the H&K and forget about the Bandit. Some help from experts please.

Which amp do you like best (mostly in terms of crunch/distortion sound but in general also)?

I don't understand why anyone would consider buying a Peavey Bandit in 2016 - those amps are terrible in every conceivable way - they were terrible when they came out and they are equally as terrible today - it's solid state junk - they are the reason solid state amps have a bad reputation. There are so many better alternatives at any price point.

Get a cheap digital amp if you can't afford a good tube amp. I would play a Roland Micro Cube before using a Peavey Bandit any of the week.
How much is the Bandit?
You can get Peaveys own Vypyr line under $100 in the US used.
Have you fone into a shop and played with any yet?
Just because you need an amp doesn't mean you should settle for the first thing to come your way.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
Hi guys.

My budget was 200 euros (let's say equal to 200$ because I think amps are a little more expensive here in Europe), and I guess that's why they advised me to but this Peavey Bandit second hand (the one with the silver stripe) as you can get them here for some 170-180 euros.

My requirements are at least 50-60W, solid state and I like to play crunch, mild distortion (let's say AC/DC, open chords; I know I am not going to get exactly that sound but just as an example...). Some versatility is welcome as I will also play clean open chords (kind of Proud Mary by CCR) or higher distortion (for example Iron Maiden).

The fact is that I am going to have an inexpected income next days so now I think I can spend some 400-500 euros.

I was thinking of this Blackstar ID60 TVP (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18Ld9_-PvqU). The reason is because I have the Blackstar ID:Core 10 for home and I really love this crunch effect they putand for me works well also with its Distortion effect and Clean.

What is your opinion? Any other options?

Now i am considering 3 options:

- Peavey vypyr VIP3 (This looks great but it's such a turn off that the footswitch to control it costs almost like the amp itself!)
- Peavey vypyr 75
- Blackstar ID60 TVP
Last edited by frangs at Mar 14, 2016,