Hi Guys! Quick Question:

I've sold my Bare Knuckle Aftermaths 7. They were to sterile for me and I'm Switching to Dimarzio.

Now.. I have settled on the neck pickup, i want a Liquifire 7 to get more smoothness. But for the bridge im not so sure.. At first i wanted the D'activator (which i have in a 6 string and love) But im also looking into the Titan, Illuminator, Ionizer and offcourse the crunchlab.

I want clarity and a decent bite to the tone (no floppy B string). A strong pickup for staccato riffing that also sing when I play leads.

Anyone have experience with these and some advice?

Thanks!
I haven't had experience with those pickups (other than the Dactivator) but I'll be following this thread, I'm interested in trying some of those same pickups.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
i haven't tried aftermaths but a lot of people probably think dimarzios can be sterile too- they do have a bit of a modern-sounding sheen or edge to a lot of their models.

obviously that doesn't mean you necessarily agree, of course. but i'm not sure that I'd say the dimarzios i have are any less sterile than the bareknuckles I have (admittedly only the miracle man/cold sweat set). unless you just don't want to fork out for BKPs, which is fair enough, as the prices have escalated pretty substantially over the past several years.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If you found Aftermaths too sterile, maybe you should go for lower output pickups than what you're listing here. Flobby B string can be skipped with right gauge as well.. Switching from .56 to .59 made all the difference for me. Can't really go thicker thanks to the trem and that I want to be in standard 7-string tuning.
I have a CL7 in my UV and it's okay, but I think that when I've got the money I'm going to go for something a bit more open-sounding.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Hmm...Switching from Bareknuckles to DiMarzio?

Don't get me wrong, I definitely love DiMarzios, and recommend them regularly to others, but you're probably the first person I've heard of who wasn't completely blown away w/BKP stuff! (I haven't tried any myself, but want to at some point).

Anyways, it's my understanding that the Aftermaths are a pickup set designed for modern metal/tight playing. Lots of pickups that are good for this are going to have a bit of a sterileness to them, some more than others (and especially if you're comparing ceramic magnet pickups to alnico). The natural pairing w/a Liquifire would be a Crunch Lab, which is an awesome pickup, but I don't know how it compares to an Aftermath, as far as "sterileness" is concerned.

I'm actually tempted to recommend slightly less hot pickups if you're after a less "sterile" tone. Maybe some Breeds, if going DiMarzio?
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
I have Titans in my 7 string and think they're absolutely bomb. Probably the most reactive pickups I have.

And Flight, I personally hate Bareknuckles. Way to flat.
Quote by Watterboy
Do you have any dilithium crystals or fresh warm dumps for sale
Quote by the chemist
And Flight, I personally hate Bareknuckles. Way to flat.
Make that two then!

Like I said, I've wanted to try them (and other boutique options) out for some time now. They just always seemed awfully spendy to me. That, and even when I do try new pickups out, I always seem to find myself going back to the Super Distortion/PAF Pro combo for what I do.
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Quote by FlightofIcarus
Make that two then!

Like I said, I've wanted to try them (and other boutique options) out for some time now. They just always seemed awfully spendy to me. That, and even when I do try new pickups out, I always seem to find myself going back to the Super Distortion/PAF Pro combo for what I do.

Same with me. I'll try pickups out, mess about, and always go back to my trusty FRED bridge/ Norton neck combo.

Though lately I've been loving the Evo2 bridge/ Norton neck combo a lot too. If I like it enough it makes my P/U change on my 7 easier (no 7 FRED )
Quote by Watterboy
Do you have any dilithium crystals or fresh warm dumps for sale