What words do you naturally mispronounce? Or on purpose? General Language Destruction

Page 1 of 3
I used to always get ragged on for pronouncing some words wrong. Like when you know a word from reading it, but never hear it spoken because you hang out with delinquents, so you say things like 'seameant' instead of cement?

Also, shortening words in general is hella funny to me and a few in the crew. For an example: we call it 'ling' instead of 'lingo' rofl
Hagrid will always be 'hay-grid' to me.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I read Game of Thrones books as a teenegar and when the show came out I discovered I'd been pronouncing every name incorrectly for 20 years.
Quote by EyeNon15
I read Game of Thrones books as a teenegar and when the show came out I discovered I'd been pronouncing every name incorrectly for 20 years.

Yeah, some names in books just go over my head. I'm reading this Russian book with these names I can't really pronounce in my head (not to mention each character has ~10 variations of different names with formalities and whatnot), so I pretty much just skip them and hope I'm guessing right who's saying things
Guests, Suggestions, mostly plural nouns. It could be that I don't like the way it's supposed to be sounded out.
I usually pronounce <insert offensive word here> as <insert your username here>.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I'm constantly told I mispronounce jalapeno wrong. I pronounce it as hala-peeno because this is America. It irritates me when people correct me and say its pronounced hala-payneo. I'm not Spanish so why should I say it with a Spanish accent? Next people will be demanding that I say Mehico instead of Mexico.
I hear pho is pronounced "fuh" or "fah". I pronounce it "foe" because this is America. It irritates me when people correct me and say its pronounced "fah". I'm not Vietnamese so why should I say it with a Vietnamese accent? Next people will be demanding that I say YEERO instead of GYRO
Quote by Weaponized
I hear pho is pronounced "fuh" or "fah". I pronounce it "foe" because this is America. It irritates me when people correct me and say its pronounced "fah". I'm not Vietnamese so why should I say it with a Vietnamese accent? Next people will be demanding that I say YEERO instead of GYRO

So, how do you pronounce gyroscope?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by FunkyPunk666
j-eye-ro-scope

I wasn't asking you.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by EyeNon15
I always say beer as burr
As in gimme summa dat burr

ay
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by FunkyPunk666
Well I answered, motherfucker.

Incorrectly.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by mattedbird
it's actually mudder-fuk-ah

This is correct for all words.
Quote by Diemon Dave
I recently noticed that I pronounce "sure" as "shore" and have been making every effort to change it because it sounds really stupid.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Anything with multiple Rs separated by a vowel. Like Terror, Rarer, Reroute, Rory, Referrer, Rear, Roar, etc

On purpose: people's names.
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Mar 13, 2016,
I always pronounce your and you're as yer. As in "pass me yer keys or yer gonna be in shit". A bunch of other stuff with friends too just cause its funny. Bahd instead of bud and emphasizing the H when saying things like cool whip
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
Quote by Duaneclapdrix
I pronounce Canada as Ca nay de ah sometimes because I think it's funny.

Also Louisville is correctly pronounced "lulville". It is best placed as far back in the throat as possible.

Nah man, Louisville is luavull.
My grandma would kill at this game.

Windows = Winders

And that Chevrolet sports car, it's called a Chevy Camario.
Not to be confused with another Chevy product, half car/half truck. Those are called El Camarios.
Corvettes are also Camarios.

Did you do your homework = Did you get your lessons up?

All refigerators are called cavinaters
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Mar 13, 2016,
Quote by CrossBack7
I apparently say bagel weird. Bay-gull.

this is the correct way people who say Bag-ull are silly

i know i pronounce things differently than other people but i can't ever remember if it's a pronunciation i came up with, or if its a british thing i picked up
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence[/center[
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Incorrectly.

That's how it's pronounced here in America therefor it's correct
Mayor.

I sometimes use the american pronunciation at work and it makes me look really weird.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Anything with multiple Rs separated by a vowel. Like Terror, Rarer, Reroute, Rory, Referrer, Rear, Roar, etc

On purpose: people's names.

Yeah this. Either I go full rolling Rs or I sound like I suffered a stroke. Other than that I don't know but I probably misspronounce a shitton of English words.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by necrosis1193
I recently noticed that I pronounce "sure" as "shore" and have been making every effort to change it because it sounds really stupid.

i actually do this too but it doesn't sound stupid for me
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence[/center[
House = hoSe
About = aboat
Out = ote
Soda = pop
Coffee = Tims
Quebec = traitors
Quote by soundgarden1986
Screw your bases. If she doesn't let me go elbow deep in her ass on the first date, it wasn't meant to be.

Quote by willT08
Every thread on here to do with audio quality is like walking into a paddock of shit slinging chimps
I mix up /r/ and /w/ a lot

which is bad feels man
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Kebab is one people make fun of me for.

I pronounce it Ke-barb instead of the bogan method Kee-bab
most of them
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
I am Australian, we mangle the language but make it sound awesome.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica
I am Australian, we mangle the language but make it sound awesome.

Hell hath no replusiveness than an australian womens voice
Quote by Rebel Scum
Hell hath no replusiveness than an australian womens voice

Aww yeah nah yeah nah rightio mate
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by Duaneclapdrix
I pronounce Canada as Ca nay de ah sometimes because I think it's funny.

Also Louisville is correctly pronounced "lulville". It is best placed as far back in the throat as possible.

Have you ever really been to Louisville
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Page 1 of 3