So, I'm buying a 7-string next month (for melodic death and metalcore). It has come down to these three guitars
Ibanez RGIR27BFE, Chapman ML-7 S, Jackson SLATHX-M 3-7 SW
I was only able to try the Ibanez in a shop and I guess it was ok, the neck was a little thin for me though.
Which one would you guys prefer? And if anyone could tell me if the pickups in the ML are any good?

Thanks
The Jackson will have a thin neck like the Ibanez so your best bet is probably the Chapman.
I'm pretty sure the pickups in a Chapman are always meant to be replaced, I remember a video of him talking about how they are meant to be a canvas for you to mod up or something.
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Squier Stratocaster (modified)
Harley Benton CLD-41S (Acoustic)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb
Personally, I'm a big fan of the Jackson SLATHX-M 3-7, but if you don't like the thin neck like an Ibanez, the Jackson may be out of the question. Then again, it does have a compound-radius neck and that's a big plus in my book.

Never having the opportunity to try any Chapman guitars, I can't say anything about it
Thanks for the replys
I'm leaning more towards the jackson. The active EMGs in the ibanez aren't really a plus for me. And the jackson is about a 100€ cheaper than the other too.
Last edited by vanleonson at Mar 15, 2016,
I just recently got a Jackson SLATHXSDQ 3-7 TR, and i have to say i like it a lot. The neck is indeed pretty thing, but since its a 7 string it feels different anyway, so its really comfortable. The compound radious also feels nice, and it plays pretty much perfectly. So in your case, id go with the jackson.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.