Try them first.
Quote by Watterboy
Do you have any dilithium crystals or fresh warm dumps for sale
yeah. if he knows what he's doing there's no reason why they might not be as good as bkp.

big "if", but yeah.

i haven't tried them but frugal guitarist reviewed a set of their strat pickups (and a couple of other good-value options as well).

http://frugalguitarist.com/post/2012/02/27/Three-Handwound-Strat-Pickup-Sets-Under-$100.aspx
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
honestly go with the bare knuckles , if you dont get it and the guitar sounds like crap you'll kick yourself for not getting them. if the guitar sounds bad with the bare knuckle pickups you'll have nothing to blame. I learned this when i took cooking up as a hobby

what i learned is it comes down to EQ and everything and anything can change a guitars sound. Some stuff will change your sound for the better, some won't. I think hand wound pickups are over rated in my eyes but at the same time we need that excitement sometimes. But my experience pickups can get way too much credit. Say for example if i plugged a 1959 les paul into a 20$ craigslist/gumtree practice amp with no pedals i'd still get a bad sound. Point and case I had a 27 fret hamer guitar which is rare guitar, fender used to own hamer for a while. Anyways I had a Gibson humbucker 48T or whatever a seymour duncan JB and a 6$ ebay humbucker (flat black ones) no exaggeration the 6$ ebay pickup sounded the best in the guitar. I'm not saying cheap pickups are better or you shouldn't go with the nailbomb and so forth but it's all about the EQ and finding what your guitar is lacking. I even use different picks and string materials for different sounds. Sounds silly but strings and picks are dirt cheap compared to a 150$+ pickup
Last edited by Tallwood13 at Mar 14, 2016,
Quote by Tallwood13
honestly go with the bare knuckles , if you dont get it and the guitar sounds like crap you'll kick yourself for not getting them. if the guitar sounds bad with the bare knuckle pickups you'll have nothing to blame. I learned this when i took cooking up as a hobby

yeah i don't know what kind of meals you're making if you're putting pickups into them
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If you get the Bareknuckles used, you should be able to re-sell them at little or no loss if you decide you don't like them. Certainly not the case with the other set.