Wondered if you would recommend them ?

Seems to be three. The B9, the C9 and the KEY9. Going by the videos, they're not incremental upgrades from the last one, but three individual pedals with different sounds on each ( that can be combined infact! ).

Did you ever buy one and was it useful or just one of many other gimmick pedals that are fun for five minutes, yet serve no real practical use other than once in a blue moon? I only ask, as they're not that cheap ( around £175 per pedal ) and although they appear very appealing on video, i'm not 100% sure they're the thing for me. If i were to put them into context of what i would want them for - I'd use them as a keyboard substitute within certain parts of a song, rather than out and out full use.

Going by the video, they sound very good, as far as a guitar can re-interpret a keyboard anyway. Though, i don't know how much the post production of the video plays into what we are hearing and whether they sound like that from a guitar amp ?

Videos of each pedal below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av4X84lChEE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98u-MDTKAWU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZKVPzRyn50

thanks for any advice or reviews on your own one, should you own one
Last edited by akunohana20151 at Mar 14, 2016,
Brand new is the Mel9 , which is a Mellotron emulator. It sounds amazing! I'd love to try one when they arrive in stores.
I've tried the C9, and it is really a lot of fun.
Dave @ Seymour Duncan
Have the B9 & C9, intending to buy the Key9, and just found out about the Mel9- thanks Mincer!

They're actually pretty good at what they do. If your looking to emulate keyboards of various kinds, they're worth it. If not, they're toys.

For me, I want to do weird shit with them, like find out what happens when a I use an EHX Epitome to get an "18-string" guitar effect going through one to get pipe organ tones, then apply a wah or pitch shifter. Possibly with an Arpanoid and/or Rainbow Machine in the mix.

Etc.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I have the B9. It's pretty cool and I can find a ton of things to do with it, but that's me. If you are wanting to get Organ/Keyboard sounds then this is the one, I find the B9 delivers (especially for the electric organs sounds heard on so many 60s rock records).
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by dementiacaptain
I have the B9. It's pretty cool and I can find a ton of things to do with it, but that's me. If you are wanting to get Organ/Keyboard sounds then this is the one, I find the B9 delivers (especially for the electric organs sounds heard on so many 60s rock records).

Loving the replies, thanks everyone. I'm glad i've got some opinions from actual owners. The videos from the company are really great, but i was wondering how much of it was them cheating with a bit of post production sound shenanigans, but the things you are all saying have certainly stoked my interest in buying at least one of them.

I think, for me personally, the B9 will be most fun, as that church/cathedral sound is quite startling ! Bach guitars must sound great Hmm they all sound lovely, but i think if i could only have one, the B9 has just edged it for me.
Note: depending on your amp and setup, these pedals might work better in the effects loop than in front of the amp. Your milage may vary.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Note: depending on your amp and setup, these pedals might work better in the effects loop than in front of the amp. Your milage may vary.
Or even better, send the dry to your rig and send the wet to a powered speaker/PA.
There may be an alternative in the Mooer Mooergan - just released. It has fewer options but then some of the EHX options are pretty novelty one trick pony IMHO. Being Mooer it is sure to be cheaper.

How good, or otherwise, is much dependent on how the unit interprets the original note. EHX seem to have this nailed but the Mooer Octave pedals are almost indistinguishable from the EHX POG in performance so I am anticipating the Mooer could be a result.

I have had the EHX pedals on and off my wish list more times than I can remember. They just seem a lot of money for something I might not use. My other hesitation is, to get the full organ sound you need to adopt an organ like playing style, and I'm not sure I want to make that transition.
Please note: The above comments are based on my experience, and may represent my perception of that experience. This may not be accurate and, subject to the style of music you play, may be irrelevant or wrong.
Quote by John Sims
There may be an alternative in the Mooer Mooergan - just released. It has fewer options but then some of the EHX options are pretty novelty one trick pony IMHO. Being Mooer it is sure to be cheaper.

How good, or otherwise, is much dependent on how the unit interprets the original note. EHX seem to have this nailed but the Mooer Octave pedals are almost indistinguishable from the EHX POG in performance so I am anticipating the Mooer could be a result.

I have had the EHX pedals on and off my wish list more times than I can remember. They just seem a lot of money for something I might not use. My other hesitation is, to get the full organ sound you need to adopt an organ like playing style, and I'm not sure I want to make that transition.

That's an excellent point about adapting one's playing style, when using these. The guy playing in the videos, is a far superior player to me and i should consider if i am able to actually play that kind of style, before i put my money down for one. HE makes those pedals sound great, but it could be a wholly different ( not to mention, embarrassing ) story if i tried that on stage