I have a Godin Session guitar and I am having a tuning issue with it. Once it's in tune, it stays in tune; it doesn't keep coming out of tune. But getting it in tune take forever and I don't know why. If, for instance, I try to tune it down half a step, I have to tune each string about 3 or 4 times before it stays in tune. I will drop a string down half a step, and by the time I finish the other 5, it's back out of tune, so I have to do it again. After 3 or 4 times it finally stays in tune, but it's annoying. Anyone know why this is happening?
Tremolo bridge? If so, that's pretty normal. Tuning one string changes the tension on the others and on the trem. This interaction takes more time to get the balancing act right. The main thing is that once in tune it stays in tune.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Pearl & Ebony • Les Paul PlusTop Pro Honeyburst • AJ220VS • Squier Standard Stratocaster CAR
Marshall Class 5 Combo • Digitech HT-2 • Vox V847 • MXR M68 Uni-Vibe • Soul Food • BOSS SD-1 • Digitech RV-7