Guy is shooting a trade towards me. Trying to figure out which cab is worth more. Got an old school Peavey 4x12 and a Blackstar 2x12. Which one you think?

What speakers are in the Blackstar? I have never played through a Peavey 4X12, but the impression I get (mainly from others) is that they are generally underwhelming with poor stock speakers. Can you use reverb or eBay for a price measuring tool?
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Blackstar has celestions and Peavey has sheffield. I don't think very many people buy or sell 4x12s on Ebay or Reverb because they are near impossible to box and ship. I wasn't finding much on there about them, especially this particular cab.
Which celestions? If they are the 70/80, then they are junk. I can easily find Peavey cabs on my local CL (Columbus) for around $200.

Just found that exact Peavey 4X12 on GC used for $149. Hope that helps.
The backstair looks (emphasis on looks) like a series one 2X12, which are worth more and I think come with better speakers.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Last edited by bobafettacheese at Mar 14, 2016,
Yeah if that's a S1 cab then it's got superior speakers. The Peavey is an okay cab but I'd want to replace the speakers which could be as expensive as buying a used cab with good speakers.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Friends don't let friends play Peavey. At least as far as cabs are concerned.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by JustRooster at Mar 16, 2016,