Hello guys
Ive been playing for almost a year and now i want to learn before i forget by Slipknot

This is the intro, but i find it very hard to do that riff on 3 strings and a little hard on 2 strings so what should i practise to learn these kinds of riffs i general?

D. 0h2--0h2h3p2
A. 0h2--0h2h3p2
E. 0h2--0h2h3p2

Etc etc
#1 practice it slow to the point the fingers fall into place each and every single time.

YouTube it and see if other people are using the same fingering as you for sometimes it helps to use different fingers and we don't always think of that so seeing how someone else is doing it, then trying it, and see if that is more comfortable is a big help. My teacher does that for me here and there.
***************Sig***************
Taylor 314 & GS Mini & Martin LX1
Try playing the riff just using the top string first.
Then once you've mastered it add the additional strings.

With this type of riff, you'll need to basically only use your index finger and middle finger.
index to hammer onto all the 2's and the middle to hammer onto the 3's and pull off.
these fingers will need to basically barre the top 3 strings.

Hope this helps.
Slipknot is surely understood for its consideration getting picture, forceful style of music, and enthusiastic and disorderly live shows.The band quickly rose to achievement taking after the arrival of their eponymous introduction collection.

spam link removed
Last edited by SaraThompson at Mar 30, 2016,
Quote by Maxfalk
Hello guys
Ive been playing for almost a year and now i want to learn before i forget by Slipknot

This is the intro, but i find it very hard to do that riff on 3 strings and a little hard on 2 strings so what should i practise to learn these kinds of riffs i general?

D. 0h2--0h2h3p2
A. 0h2--0h2h3p2
E. 0h2--0h2h3p2

Etc etc

That tab is actually kind of wrong, watch this from about 4:30 onwards:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBs8tfdBt7M

Either way, this is a relatively simple example of this kind of playing (with certain notable exceptions, most Slipknot isn't exactly technical), so your best bet would be to practice exactly this riff.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by SaraThompson
Slipknot is surely understood for its consideration getting picture, forceful style of music, and enthusiastic and disorderly live shows.The band quickly rose to achievement taking after the arrival of their eponymous introduction collection.

*reported*
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?