Page 1 of 2
Yeah i'm new just a few posts in...

So think back to ten years ago. What were you doing? What's changed for you for better or worse? Probably a shit thread idea but anyway

Ten years ago I was 23 and in second month of deployment to Kandahar Province with battlegroup 1PPCLI. Some really shitty times and some really unbelievable experiences.

Now somehow have a wife and an 18 month old son, learned to cook, finished a degree, and am doing that 9-5 corporate gig. So I went from a dumbass to a dumbass with a family.

discuss if wanted or make fun of my blog post
15 years old. Just got a job at this Cuban sandwich/ice cream shop on the beach that I have to longboard to get to. Halo 2 is dope
I was about 10. It was good. Living in Syria, going to school (5th grade!), riding bikes with friends, taking care of my turtle, making up scary stories with friends about a cactus field near my house, roasting hazelnuts (at least I think they were hazelnuts) in the fireplace. Probably giving my teachers hell, too.

I think it's around the time I tried my first cigarette/sip of whiskey. Ended up blaming it on my older half-sister when the end didn't flush. My mom smoked Marlboro reds then.
Ten years ago I was 41 and working at the same place I've been at for 15 years. Then I had an apartment and a new Honda Civic Ex. Now I own a house and a 10 year old Honda Civic Ex. I'm making about twice as much money as then.
Last edited by TobusRex at Mar 14, 2016,
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
I was about 10. It was good. Living in Syria, going to school (5th grade!), riding bikes with friends, taking care of my turtle, making up scary stories with friends about a cactus field near my house, roasting hazelnuts (at least I think they were hazelnuts) in the fireplace. Probably giving my teachers hell, too.

I think it's around the time I tried my first cigarette/sip of whiskey. Ended up blaming it on my older half-sister when the end didn't flush. My mom smoked Marlboro reds then.

I knew you were an Arab!
I was 13 ten years ago.

I think I was in either seventh or eighth grade and very sick around that time, so it kind of sucked. I remember that summer I read a number of books in a short period of time. That must've triggered some series of epiphanies that a lot of young adolescents go through. Sort of horizon-broadening periods of life where you're not only aware of more things, you're aware that you're becoming more aware. psychosocial development during early pyooberty. I think owing to being ill and not able to go out for so long (months and months), I ended up taking up reading (and guitar-playing, to some extent), which set me on a certain course.

I think just about everything has gotten better since then. I've recently finished a double-major in two fields I probably wouldn't have cared about as a 13 y/o, have a job I would've thought was horribly boring back then but is pretty great because I have a lot of autonomy, not much money but more than I really need, and I've been accepted to graduate school for the fall. I'm better than content.
Quote by Fat Lard
15 years old. Just got a job at this Cuban sandwich/ice cream shop on the beach that I have to longboard to get to. Halo 2 is dope

Halo 2 is still dope though really
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
I stand corrected, they were walnuts.

I don't care what kind of nuts they are. You're from the middle east and I've finally exposed you.
Quote by FunkyPunk666
I knew you were an Arab!

Serious man? I thought you left.
14 years old. I believe I had just moved out to a nice house with my mom and grandma. Or was that the next year? Don't really remember.
From what I remember things were fine, went to school, hanged out with friends, played the PS2. I'd say things have turned out better yes, but mainly because of hindsight (I've experienced more stuff, know more stuff, party more, etc)
Quote by Aeolian Harmony
^His user name is ali.

tada, you've exposed the obvious.

He kept weaseling around answering me every time I'd ask him about it in another thread like he has something to hide.
Quote by Aeolian Harmony
Also, 10,000 Days came out about 10 years ago. Big into that back then.

Quote by FunkyPunk666
I don't care what kind of nuts they are. You're from the middle east and I've finally exposed you.

Yes you're The Pit's Carl Bernstein, buddy.

Quote by Aeolian Harmony
Or show you his thighs.

My brown thighs.

Anyway sorry for the detour. On topic: Eminem's Encore was the shiiiiit. 50 Cent was relevant.
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Mar 14, 2016,
Quote by FunkyPunk666 at #33879396

You exposed that a guy whose name is "Ali," whose user profile says his location is the UAE, and who has been open about where he's from, that he's from where he just said he's from. Are you Sherlock Holmes?
Free Ali
Quote by chrismendiola
You exposed that a guy whose name is "Ali," whose user profile says his location is the UAE, and who has been open about where he's from, that he's from where he just said he's from. Are you Sherlock Holmes?

He lied in another thread when I called him out on it earlier.
I think the best kind of nuts are pecans. I probably spent some time picking pecans up off my grandmother's property ten years ago.
Official Ranking for Decade Anniversary Threads:

1. JustRooster
999. Everyone Else
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
You can't make me get all wistful now. I've still got two months before my ten year.

I'm not gonna do it! :p
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by FunkyPunk666

No he didnt. You mean in that thread where you keep running your mouth about things you know nothing about? He didn't lie about anything. Learn to read. Give your head a shake man, no one wants to hear you spout this nonsense.
I was 14 and had recently moved to a new country and went to a new school. It was awkward at first but then I had my first crush and it became even more awkward. Then I made some friends and it was all good. I'm still in touch with them and meet them when they're in town.
Last edited by sashki at Mar 14, 2016,
Quote by JustRooster
Official Ranking for Decade Anniversary Threads:

1. JustRooster
999. Everyone Else

Sorry man I didnt see another thread. Also i didn't look.
Quote by robbmgdt
Sorry man I didnt see another thread. Also i didn't look.

Oh, man, I was just messing around. No need to look up the other thread. Happy 10 years!
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by FunkyPunk666 at #33879412

"Called him out" for what? I don't see that he even denied it.
Free Ali
35 years old, landscaping and living in a loft I built in the Morton building where our shop was at (my boss was pretty cool). Nothing else really stands out 10 years ago. I was partying a lot and jammin' on the bass.
Quote by FunkyPunk666

Ali denied being Arabic in a thread awhile back in a thread where I was conversing. At least that's what I took from it.
Quote by chrismendiola
"Called him out" for what? I don't see that he even denied it.

I denied being from the United Arab Emirates. I also deny being from Syria.

Let BobWoodward666 figure this one out
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
And

Actually wait 10 years ago was 2006 damn.

Oblivion came out, too

gawd
Hmm. I was 14, so I was just barely getting into things like Red vs. Blue and anime.
That was when I first made an account on RoosterTeeth, which was to me what The Pit is now.

Edit: Can I just say, RoosterTeeth has changed so unbelievably much since its first few years. Back then they had trouble just selling the shirts and DVD's. Now they've got people paying tons of money for their conventions and whatever else. It's insane.
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Mar 14, 2016,
i was 12, so that's when i moved for the first time and became an anxious, depressed sack of shit.
Quote by FunkyPunk666
He kept weaseling around answering me every time I'd ask him about it in another thread like he has something to hide.

Why is this even important for you to know?
Page 1 of 2