Extremely let down by Kiesel. Long story. I ordered a Vader V7 in early Nov that was due to be ready Dec 23rd. It was delayed a couple of times and I received it on Jan 23rd. As soon as I opened the case I noticed a couple of scratches on the top and the finish over the logo was bubbled up. It also had Kiesels signature wonky side dots and the neck pickup was screwed down crooked right up against the neck and a few paint pimples. I immediately called and was told they would take care of it and was asked to take pics. It was referred to Mike Jones who reacted very slowly and took 6 days just to send a call label. I also messaged Jeff Kiesel who told me to deal with Mike. They didn't even seem surprised. So long story short it has now been at Kiesel almost 6 weeks and was refinished, despite the fact I told them I did not want a brand new guitar that was refinished. Not to mention they just completely ignored the crooked side dots. So I finally decided that I just wasn't happy and called to get an exchange as they had a guitar in stock that I liked. I was even willing to pay the $400 difference. Well while I was on hold for Mike to ask Jeff they raised the price of the guitar by $400 and told me it was a mistake, and they would not honor it. Then I asked for a refund and they told me because I had requested a zero fret that I owned it and there was no refund. This is just pure BS. I have been treated like I didn't matter the entire time. So much for joining the family. I'm sure the guitar will be fine when I get it back, but I really don't even want the damn thing now. Since getting my V6 I have sung Kiesels praises and even defended their issues and this is the service I get. Let down.

ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
Last edited by yellowv at Mar 14, 2016,
No idea. Put it back in the box and sent it back. A custom guitar shouldn't look like that.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
Dude holy shit i almost ordered an Kiesel Aries Series today and was super excited about having a custom guitar that would cost me like $1400. Now I'm having second thoughts.
Usually, buying from Carvin/Kiesel is pretty much a guarantee of getting a well made guitar, bue anyone can make a lemon. As I recall, they have a pretty generous return policy.

Best of luck, and keep us in the loop!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Yeah that sucks. I have heard nothing but great things about carvin/kiesel. Hope this turns out for the best for you, since you probably shelled out a pretty decent amount of money, hopefully they can make it right.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
They have refused me a refund and said I could do an exchange. However they raised the price of the in stock guitar I would have taken by $400 while I was on the phone with them.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
Read ALL of the mice type on their return policy and see if you have a way to go. Keisel/Carvin are one of the best out there for returns and customer service. If you are asking for something well outside their return policy you will surely be disappointed.

When spending a wad of cash for a custom guitar you always want perfection but there are practical limitations to returns and exchanges with every company. Best of luck resolving this.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
sorry to hear that i hope you get it sorted
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
While no doubt upsetting, I think one could live with these flaws. Not sure what is going on with that pickup though. I'd have asked for a discount/partial refund, if that was an option.
I'll buy it from you.......
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
not sure why small little scratches bother you so much, that pickup can also be simply adjusted on your own. seems like a nice guitar
I'm a dirty fuckin' punk / i sell myself for a beer
The tiny finish imperfections are something I'd ignore. The guitar is going to get hundreds more of those scratches with use anyway. I know you've spent a lot of money, but returning a guitar on those imperfections alone is losing the bigger picture. You can bet that you're going to put way worse scratches than those those on the guitar after just a month of use. Guitars are meant to be played, not put in a museum after all.

As for the neck pickup being wonky. Again, that isn't a big deal. The fix for that is probably as simple as unscrewing the pickup and fiddling around with the piece of foam that's lying under it. I don't see what the big deal is. Hardly worth the bother of returning the guitar and demanding a refund.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Mar 15, 2016,
Kiesel has a agreed to refund me. Any of you that think it's ok to accept this on a USA built custom guitar you can go right ahead and accept it.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
Quote by dthmtl3
While no doubt upsetting, I think one could live with these flaws. Not sure what is going on with that pickup though. I'd have asked for a discount/partial refund, if that was an option.

No. I wouldn't accept those flaws in an out of the box guitar, and I certainly wouldn't on a custom order.

Sure, he could overlook them.

But the point is that he shouldn't have to.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
I wouldn't accept it either , not for a Custom build , should have never left the door ....... I still want a Kiesel though
When I buy a new guitar, I want it perfect, whether it's a custom build or mass production. It's what you're paying for. Anything less deserves a price reduction. New and flawed should never be used in the same sentence.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
totally agree with Auriemma. if i buy 'B' stock guitar, then i pay lower price... but if i pay full price for a premium custom guitar, i expect perfection in aesthetics, electronics, set-up and everything else.
I have Washburn guitars 'Maverick Series' and bass 'Bantam Series' and a few pedals and amps, but man I wish to have more patience and drive practicing my playing, if it's equal to the modding itch, then I'm golden.
I agree if I bought a custom order guitar and received it with that many flaws, minor or not, I would be absolutely livid. I would expect any reputable custom shop would want nothing less that to make it right.

When I buy any guitar new I would expect the same unless it was a cheapo!

I'm glad they took care of you
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by Evilnine
I agree if I bought a custom order guitar and received it with that many flaws, minor or not, I would be absolutely livid. I would expect any reputable custom shop would want nothing less that to make it right.

When I buy any guitar new I would expect the same unless it was a cheapo!

I'm glad they took care of you

It's good that they did take care of the OP. But I checked the prices on those (solid finishes looked to be 1300-1400) and they don't reflect what many would expect to pay for a true "Custom Shop" ie "High end" guitar! So I think the expectation is you'll get the same quality and build that you'd pay a much greater cost for at say Fender, PRS and Gibson which may be a little unrealistic.
Moving on.....
If you buy a custom made guitar and it isn't 100% perfect you have a right to be angry.

The fact that a guitar gets scratched from being used is irrelevant. You are not buying a used guitar. You are buying a brand new custom made instrument.

If anyone here wants some horror stories check out the Etherial thread on SS.org. Makes this look like perfection.
Quote by yellowv
Kiesel has a agreed to refund me. Any of you that think it's ok to accept this on a USA built custom guitar you can go right ahead and accept it.

agreed 100%. i find a lot of people are awfully cavalier when it's someone else's neck (or wallet) on the line instead of theirs.

Quote by Auriemma
When I buy a new guitar, I want it perfect, whether it's a custom build or mass production. It's what you're paying for. Anything less deserves a price reduction. New and flawed should never be used in the same sentence.

bingo.

and if it is reduced because of flaws, those flaws should be pointed out before purchase.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by yellowv
No idea. Put it back in the box and sent it back. A custom guitar shouldn't look like that.

That's very true. I think I would have at least tried it to see if I liked it's action and asked for a partial refund, however.
The logo looks especially bad, it's all bubbled up. I wouldn't have taken it either.
Quote by yellowv
Kiesel has a agreed to refund me.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I should've said this yesterday but it's great news they're refunding you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?