0 0%
Song 3
6 67%
Song 4
2 22%
Voters: 9.
Hi again

RIP Concept Week, probably.

We'll have a thread in the group to talk about it , like Trifonas suggested.

^ (that's Concept Week running away from us)

Next week (read: this week): 80's covers!!

The objective of this thread is to vote on the song you like the most, but remember: don't base your vote on the quality of the recording, base it on the content.

Here they are:

1 - "John Was Atheist" (Minicaxotinho)

2 - "When The Night Ends" (nico_9550)

3 - "You Don't Know" (FoOltz)

4 - "Valentine's Day" (fLYinGV23)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's last week's most voted song:
From deadsmileyface, it's "chrominance"!
------------------------------------------------------------------

If you too want to become a better songwriter/gigolo consider joining our group (http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/mozartfactory/), all the info you need to join this weekly "contest" is there.

The votes will be counted this Saturday (post your song for next week meanwhile). The winner of this week's voting will be a mod in our group.

------------------
Hi Okay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obgnr9pc820

Check out last week's thread here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1697374
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Mar 14, 2016,
Will listen and review some time today.
Should I preper a cover now or an original song?
Just cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there.
Ο Ιωάννης ήταν άθεος: wtf, this is dank. Now we have to persuade you to make a doom drone w/e album. Nice. But still I think you need to make longer songs.

Όταν τελειώνει η νύχτα: not a fan of the solos, but the rythm section has serious groove. Really liked the bass.

Δεν ξέρεις τίποτα, Γιάννη Χιόνι: my favorite, so far. Loved the piano parts. And even the heavier vocals fit the mood pretty great. It was like a heavy version of Pyramid song. Oh and the pitch shifted vocals at the outro were pretty much amazing. Great m8 dankest 8/8.

Η μέρα του Αγίου Βαλεντίνου: you gey sad on Valentine's right? The part after 1:20 is pretty lovely. Hiwever I still can't decide whether it needed vocals or not.

Voted for FoOltz, but mini was close.
Mini seriously start making Boris like albums if you have the time.
Trifonas called my song dank as well :-D

About the songs being too short, I started to think short songs are usually better, because I feel it's better to have the listener wanting more than to blow your load all at once.
(And apparently I've never been able to write normal-length songs anyway so... )

But yeah, my songs are still a bit too short and I should try to make them longer. Also, I feel they sound even shorter because they're not very interesting and there's not much structure in there (no verse-chorus-verse stuff).

Thanks for the review Trifonas!

AND THE 80's COVER: submit it this week, before next Sunday/Monday (or say something if you have a cover but can't submit on time)!
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Mar 15, 2016,
I have now listened to a song by Godspeed You! I can totally see what you guys are saying!

Your songs have a nice length wwf! ( )

I should also write reviews soon! Maybe tomorrow!

!!
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Mar 15, 2016,
wait

didn't we do 80's week last time?
I thought someone did the Pixies or something
^Last cover week was '90s. I remember because I did Erasure and Gary did Katatonia.
Quote by whywefight
Its not the length that matters really, its the girth

It's about playing around with it until something nice comes out
Last edited by ultimate-slash at Mar 16, 2016,
1 - Needs more cowbell.

2 - The best: I like the solos, reminded me of some of the solos on the album "Return to Metalopolis".
Worse: The transition at 1:58-1:59, and also I think the part starting at 2:00 until the end of the song wasn't as good as the first half.
Overall: Nice

3 - The best: The intro was really cool. That thing in my left ear. Nice melodies.
Worse: The vocals. I feel like they are too intense for this chillness you got going on.
Overall: Very dank.

4 - The best: 1:08-1:14, cool transition. Doesn't get boring with all the small variations.
Worse: Doesn't hook me in, maybe because this type of songs isn't my cup of tea...
Overall: For people who like chill acoustic music it's very good, I think.
(I don't know why I can tolerate FoOltz's type of chill song but not this one... #whywetolerate)
Quote by Minicaxotinho at #33882717

2 - The best: I like the solos, reminded me of some of the solos on the album "Return to Metalopolis".
Worse: The transition at 1:58-1:59, and also I think the part starting at 2:00 until the end of the song wasn't as good as the first half.
Overall: Nice

I agree, except I don't really like the solos
Damn,
should I do a Kate Bush cover (fuck this video wwf, i remembered kate bush and now i listened to hounds of love back to back twice) or an 80's Talk Talk song on their later style?
I actually listened to all this week and voted for special-boy Fo0ltz.

Not that you aren't all special-boys in my book (in the good way, not the ****** way).
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA