I'm trying to join a Vietnamese music-related website that has a security question in Vietnamese. I don't speak Vietnamese, and none of the answers I try are correct. I'm hoping some one here might be able to figure it out?

Here it is:

'G' là kí hiệu của nốt gì? (viết hoa):

Thanks,

Ken
Bernie Sanders for President!
I'm trying to join a Vietnamese music-related website

I don't speak Vietnamese

That seems like kind of a problem, yeah?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by krm27
I'm trying to join a Vietnamese music-related website that has a security question in Vietnamese. I don't speak Vietnamese, and none of the answers I try are correct. I'm hoping some one here might be able to figure it out?

Here it is:

'G' là kí hiệu của nốt gì? (viết hoa):

Thanks,

Ken

' G ' is the symbol of what notes ? (Capitalization):

(I just googled "translate" and pasted your sentence into it. Presumably you can grasp the resulting mangled English.)
I already got the Google translation. I got the same translation as you. But something seems lost in the translation (which is why I didn't post the translation here) because the question makes no sense, at least to me.

I have tried the answer "G" since the G stands for the G note. And also I have tried "Treble" in case they meant the G-clef, but it was lost in translation. I cannot think of anything else that might fit, and it still seems something must be lost in translation.

Ken

p.s. If you want to know why I'm joining a site that has a language I do not speak, it is because there is a guitar listed for sale there, and I'd like to post a response inquiring about whether the seller would be willing to sell and ship to USA. I can use Google translate to put that into Vietnamese. But I cannot send the message unless I can join the site. I do not plan to be a regular participant there.
What if it's asking the notes in the G major chord?

Though if it's a security question, that seems a bit odd to me.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Glad to cross paths with you on this adventure called life
Quote by Jet Penguin
lots of flirting with the other key without confirming. JUST LIKE THEIR LOVE IN THE MOVIE OH DAMN.
Quote by Hail
you're acting like you have perfect pitch or something
Quote by MaggaraMarine
What if it's asking the notes in the G major chord?
That would be my guess, at least judging by the words "symbol" and "notes" (plural)
Quote by MaggaraMarine

Though if it's a security question, that seems a bit odd to me.
How many spambots would know what a G major is?
I suspect it's like one of those questions where you need to type in a displayed image of numbers or letters - ie not a personal security question, more a site security one.

As Neo says, there's the whole question of whether chords are relevant at all. But maybe it's a site related to western music that just happens to be in Vietnamese? Maybe it's not specifically concerning Vietnamese music?
Last edited by jongtr at Mar 16, 2016,
Okay, we have a winner... "SOL" was the right answer. Thanks, fingrpikingood.

Ken
Somebody beat me to it. However, I do want to caution you friend of buying guitar and have it shipped oversea. The temperature inside cargo is extremely low, which might significantly alter the wood and therefore the sound. I've seen soldiers oversea had their guitar shipped to them only to find it unplayable by the time it got there. In addition, temperature and humidity of vietnam comparing to western country are quite drastic as well.