So I have an electric guitar and an electric bass.

I've currently got a crappy digital amp i'm looking at getting rid of and an old school fender bass amp. They both work fine individually but i'm looking at trying to think of a setup i could to to have as little change as possible and as few amps as possible to be able to interchange between playing bass and playing guitar. I also need to be able to use my guitar stomp box pedals. When i use them on my bass amp everything sounds horrible. Currently using them on my non-tube guitar amp also sounds awful.

Does anyone have a good setup? Or suggestions?

Long story short, I need a good set-up that work for bass and guitar and works well with effect pedals so preferably nothing digital.

You've been warned
^ yeah. the vypyr vip claims to let you play guitar and bass through it, but it's digital modelling, plus i haven't tried it so i dunno how well it works.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Maybe just an A/B switch or something like the Boss Line Selector to change your effects path for both amps, the only way is maybe with some kind of a PA setup with a processor or similar.

I guess you could get a multifx processor and use it both for bass and guitar and just feed it to a powered speaker system.
a laptop,multi instrument interface, and some sort of audio program that uses VSTs and a small PA speaker is another option

Quote by diabolical
I guess you could get a multifx processor and use it both for bass and guitar and just feed it to a powered speaker system.

not sure if multi/fx units are instrument specific, dont most companys have seperate products for guitar and bass
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
Last edited by Rocketface2112 at Mar 17, 2016,
I don't know of any company that ever produce an amp that does well for electric guitar and bass guitar, aside from the design, tonal or sonic frequency it focuses on, I would speculate that a speaker that can handle highs and lows would be very very pricey. Usually guitar amps focuses on highs and mid range, although it can produce ample bass, the speakers cannot go lower, if you play your bass guitar on a guitar amp, the volume needs to be set low and you cannot crank up to higher volume or else guitar amp speaker will be ruined. While it is true that you can play an electric guitar on a bass amp, since bass amp speakers are designed for low end bass thump, it would not have the same sparkle as guitar amp speaker. If it is for practice at home, you might get away with bass guitar on a guitar amp, but if you plan to use it for show, better to have 2 amps, one for guitar and one for bass.
I have Washburn guitars 'Maverick Series' and bass 'Bantam Series' and a few pedals and amps, but man I wish to have more patience and drive practicing my playing, if it's equal to the modding itch, then I'm golden.
Last edited by psp742 at Mar 18, 2016,