Can I just adjust the two screws on the claw when I open up that back panel, or is that something I could take to a guitar shop. I don't want to mess it up, because it is brand new (it came like this).
Last edited by nate8olson at Mar 15, 2016,
Strat-style trems are usually set up to be raised slightly off the body when you get them. You can deck it if you want, and many do, but it's not something you should be concerned about unless it's severe.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
^ yeah.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
deck it.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Decking it would be my preferred option, too; just pointing out that it's not a fault as such.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
i prefer it floating
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I wonder if the OP is having tuning probs with a "moving" trem ,- hence their question? If so. Please refer to similar questions in this area of the forum asked a couple of months ago.
For some reason, this became pinned for me, and I realized I never responded. I took it to the guitar shop (Danche Guitars in Oak Park). The owner said that my guitar was completely out of shape. He showed how the plastic on the pickguard indicated that the guitar was well used, but was being passed off as brand new. He fixed up all of the stuff for 60 USD (the strings were very worn, the bridge was at a 20-25 degree angle off of the guitar, and the guitar was just generally worn down). I sent an e-mail to amazon, and they paid me back the $60 for the repairs. I've had it for a little while now and it's working great (they paid the reimbursement money to my dad's credit card so I never got it though XD)
Nice necro

Glad to hear you got it properly set up and playing well, props on the refund as well
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Do not deck the trem. There are many videos on youtube that show how to set it up properly.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.