Hey guys

I'm a long time user but I haven't posted anything on here in a long ass time. Anyway, I was working on something today and I recorded it. Was hoping one of you guys would be kind enough to listen to the mix and give me some advice. It's just a short ~30 sec clip for now. I'm only working with some gaming headphones right now so I can't be sure of the true sound.

Thanks in advance.

Link:
https://soundcloud.com/laxnoface/sur-new-song-clipmix-test
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
Listening to this on Truth B2031As,here are my thoughts. I'm just a beginner to mixing myself,but in my opinion your mix lacks low end. Especially the guitars sound a bit weak,turn up the bass on the amp,and give the bass guitar a bit more volume,I can barely hear it. The kick on the other hand is too loud for my taste.

Really digging the song,btw. The lick at 0:20 is smoooooth. If you want,you can check my stuff at my Soundcloud.
I think it sounds quite good overall, I myself wouldn't really add any more low-end as I think it might muddy it up, while everything is crispy-clear right now. I would suggest adding some reverb on the drums or the track overall to make the drums fit in a little better, they sound a little out of touch with the rest right now, to me at least. Especially the snare sounds a little 'dry' to me.

The song itself is reaaalllyyy cool though . Gj man
I'm a person.
I don't think that it needs more low end either, but I think you need some more prominent bass guitar playing here. It would fill up the low end nicely.

The biggest problem here is the drums. The kick and the snare sound very similar due to the way you've EQ'd them, I think the kick doesn't need that much presence, right new it feels thin and too in-your-face. The drums in general are a tad loud and don't mix well with the other instruments. I think you could try turning them down a bit and adding slight reverb.

The guitars sounded nice though, and overall it wasn't a bad mix. Sounds pretty good.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Quote by Kevätuhri
I don't think that it needs more low end either, but I think you need some more prominent bass guitar playing here. It would fill up the low end nicely.

The biggest problem here is the drums. The kick and the snare sound very similar due to the way you've EQ'd them, I think the kick doesn't need that much presence, right new it feels thin and too in-your-face. The drums in general are a tad loud and don't mix well with the other instruments. I think you could try turning them down a bit and adding slight reverb.

The guitars sounded nice though, and overall it wasn't a bad mix. Sounds pretty good.

Yeah I actually took a couple more listens to it after getting some feedback telling me the same thing about the snare and the kick. I dropped some of the high end on the snare and added more reverb so it doesn't sound like you're only hearing the stick connecting with the head. I'll probably mess around a bit with the bassline as it's literally just following the root notes of the rhythm part bar for bar.
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.