Anybody know of a good pedal to make the guitar sound like the pulsing, low-pitch, distorted synth sound heard in techno music?
"teh most gains"
Well, there's more than one sound in techno, even on the low end. What do YOU consider a typical example?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
DOD used to have one or maybe it was Danelectro?
One I can think of to look into is the DOD Gonkulator with a Grunge OD in front it was a seriously nasty garbage, akin to techno guitar sounds.

https://youtu.be/NtwAp0xwwWI

Maybe it is the Meatbox?
https://youtu.be/7KBSVXrtTkU

Boss GT-10, GT-100 and maybe other multifx have a wavesynth and guitar synth effects on, maybe that is what you're looking for, the synth buildup on techno?
Last edited by diabolical at Mar 16, 2016,
Thinking in terms of basic stuff- a filthy fuzz (or octave down fuzz) might be in order, partnered with a phaser, flanger or rotary pedal to generate fluctuations. Or use all of them.

Something more exotic like a Catalinbread AntiChthon might be in order.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Mar 16, 2016,
Some kinda dirty, resonant lpf is what makes the kinda sound I think you're talking about. You'll probably need to run a sub octave or harmonizer before that unless you have a low tuned guitar.

Someone else will have to chip in with specific pedal recs (all my filters are eurorack) but not sure if a straight up envelope filter would cut it, you need something you can sweep with an expression pedal or LFO. More control is definitely better is this scenario, look for something like a Korg MS20 or Wasp clone in pedal format.

Failing all that the Ibanez Weeping Demon will probably come fairly close to this sound as long as you combine it with a bit of distortion, though it may sound a bit more vocal than what you want.

edit: just occured to me the sound you're after may just be detuned oscillators, in which case get a phaser. Sound examples would be helpful.
Last edited by doubtfulsalmon at Mar 16, 2016,
I use VST's and I've got a pitch shifter down an octave, some meaty distortion, and a chorus. Sounds huge as fuck. I call that patch, "Synthian"
MXR blue box?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
How about a Skychord Glamour Box and a Dwarfcraft Gears? Oh yeah, plus a WMD Geiger Counter.

Pretty much, without a budget and some sound samples of some kind, those assembled (and those yet to peek in here-) can throw all kinds of pedal options at you- I haven't even gotten serious yet- that will do the job.

Narrow things down, and we can give you even more specific & helpful info.