Hello all, I just spent some time running this song out for acoustic and need help. I have some parts I cannot seem to nail down. Following the vocals as much as possible as this will be just myself and a little old lady singing who is a little out of pitch. Lots of "7' chords and others in a very old gospel Style I'm not familiar with. Please let me know what to throw out and what to change around. Thanks so much!

Video to song: Thank you, Sweet Jesus

(its formatted here correctly, but cannot get the chords properly spaced out in final post.)

Chorus –

G D/F#
Thank you sweet Jesus, thank you
Am D/F# G
G C Am
Thank you for the joy I feel in my soul
D7 Am7(?) G
and thank you for the victory I know

G D7 D
You brought me from nothing and here I am,
C D7 G Am G
Feasting from the table of the great I am
G D7 Am7 C (??)
I ‘m not a stranger , I’m feeling at home
D/F# D7 Am7 C G
So thank you sweet Jesus for giving this song

Chorus

G D7 D
I know where I'm going and I know where I am
C D7 G Am G
I'm on my way homeward by the blood of The Lamb
G D7 Am7 C (??)
I'm led by The Spirit so I'm not alone
D/F# D7 Am7 C G
Thank you sweet Jesus for giving this song

Chorus
D7 Am7(?) G
Thank you for the victory I know
Last edited by bass.desires at Mar 16, 2016,
"This video is not available."
“High fly ball into right field. She is… gone!" - Vin Scully
How odd, I just tried the link again and it worked on my end.. .

It is the Song "Thank you Sweet Jesus" by the Florida Boys if you need to search it.
Here's what I've got, I feel like perhaps you're adding far too many chords when you could simplify and add some pleasant embellishments. I'm not sure of your skill level persay but I'd also be curious to know if you are flatpicking, struming, or fingerpicking?

Anyways:

G ---------------------------- D ---- D7
D7 ------------------------------ G
G ---------------------- G7 ------ C
Thank you for the joy I feel in my soul
D -------------------------------- G
and thank you for the victory I know

(Appears to repeat chords)

G D7 D
You brought me from nothing and here I am,
D7 G (Am) G
Feasting from the table of the great I am
G G7 C
I ‘m not a stranger , I’m feeling at home
D7 G
So thank you sweet Jesus for giving this song

Now, I'm not a Church going man myself, but I don't discriminate decent music because of the religious content it yields. Thanks for showing me that song, not bad! I love old songs like this.
Quote by bass.desires
How odd, I just tried the link again and it worked on my end.. .

It is the Song "Thank you Sweet Jesus" by the Florida Boys if you need to search it.

Thanks. It's probably showing that error (and it still is) because I'm in Canada at the moment. Although usually the error is accompanied by "this video not available in your country due to copyright reasons and yada yada yada"; that is not the case this time.

And it looks like Macheeoo gave you a good answer anyway :^)
I figured as much, saw your profile and "from Canada". Odd though, being our North American neighbor and all... hmm.
Quote by Macheeoo
I figured as much, saw your profile and "from Canada". Odd though, being our North American neighbor and all... hmm.

Oh, that happens a lot! In particular, anything that comes from American television or American film is often blocked. If you came across, oh let's say, a Tom Waits performance from one of those Late Night shows like Fallon or Kimmel, stateside you would simply be able to see the clip on Youtube. Not in Canada. Odds are you'll get the "unavailable in your country" copyright restriction error. Funny thing is, Canadians get the television shows and television channels on which such things are aired in the first place. Go figure.

As someone who has US/Canadian dual citizenship, all I can do is shake my head at it.

Sorry for the temporary thread hijack, bass.desires!
Hahaha, hopefully bass.desire's question was answered. But Yes! I totally agree, that's ridiculous. I'm a Minnesotan, so about as Canadian as Americans get really. lol I'm off to hijack another user's post with my irrelevant geological whereabouts! Cheers Gentlemen (or ladies, perhaps?)
Yes thank you! Sorry for not getting back sooner. Was working all day yesterday and soon again today. You are right I do see were I was adding more than was really needed. I played through it and it sounds good.

I guess I am so used to so many hymns having piano chords used so one line of song text can have so many chord changes it makes a guitarist's fretting hand go nuts.

I like how that G7 sounds as well.

The funny thing about all this. I go to the bible study Wednesday night and the lady is there. She tells me, "I'm sorry I didn't bring the music for you." I tell her I didn't know she already had music for this. And she laughs and says, "OH I guess I forgot to tell you."

Well I like how this sounds and was able to learn some song transcribing in the process so I guess it is still a win. Who knows what kind of sheet music it would have been anyways?

Big thanks again folks, I'll throw this on UG in case someone else needs it and give you guys a shout out.