I hate to be the one making a thread like this but the closest thing I can find to decent info is Roc talking about this years back and initially saying "no", then saying "maybe if you've got an open-backed cab".

Well, sometimes consensuses develop, it's been several years since that thread; I have a Twin, as I am wont to mention, so it's open-backed, and I'm looking at getting myself an MXR Submachine Fuzz, which has an octave-down setting. Conventional wisdom is that they wouldn't sell something that was going to damage the amps it was going to be used with, but conventional guitar wisdom (and I am fully aware that that particular commodity is rather unreliable) is that basses are unhealthy for guitar speakers. I assume it's not much of a surprise that I'd rather not brick literally the most expensive thing I own.

Any thoughts? Or, ideally, any facts backed up by evidence?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Won't hurt the amp in any way.

Look up the specs on the speakers and see what the lowest freq. they are spec'd for is and then you can make an informed decision.

And even if it's out of spec, if you're not cranking it the chance of sustaining any speaker damage is exceedingly slim.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Alright, thanks

Now I have the problem that I need to buy that damn £100 fuzz
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one