I'm currently looking to add another Ibanez guitar to my arsenal. $600-$700 max, 24 frets, 25"+ scale length, passive HH, prefer a fixed bridge, but I'm not opposed to having a tremolo. I plan on keeping this guitar in standard, but I may occasionally put it in drop C for metal.

I've heard that used Prestiges are a great choice, but I'm finding it difficult to find a decent selection around me (Washington D.C. area). I've also been looking RG421s and similar range guitars, as they appear to be pretty nice, but I haven't been able to play one. Suggestions? Cool thanks.
Be vigilant and hold out for a Prestige! Check Guitar Center online you can find one anywhere in the US call and speak to the manager about it. If you find a good candidate buy and have it shipped to your local GC for you to pick up! No risk if you're not happy with it just take it back within 30 days for a full refund no questions asked
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Mar 16, 2016,
go prestige. its worth it. i have four atm and may add another soon.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Evilnine
Be vigilant and hold out for a Prestige! Check Guitar Center online you can find one anywhere in the US call and speak to the manager about it. If you find a good candidate buy and have it shipped to your local GC for you to pick up! No risk if you're not happy with it just take it back within 30 days for a full refund no questions asked

+1 ^

I own two Ibanez guitars, one just recently added to my collection , both are 2007, gotta say Ibanez was making some great guitars in that year.

I've never played or owned a Prestige, though I always hear good things about them.
My newest addition,
2007 Dean Cadi-KILL (Cannibal Corpse) Rob Barrett Signature model to see more of my gear visit my profile.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by BlackFalcon17
Damn that looks like a steal...This is extremely tempting

i would get it if i had extra cash lying around. i have been buying too many pedals though. and amps.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Wow this site has a lot of stuff for pretty low prices. How are they able to sell them like that? Is it safe to buy?
its kind of like ebay, but all musical instrument related. i haven't had any problems, i have bought three or four guitars (two prestiges), an orange rockerverb, and about a dozen pedals from them and all but one transaction was perfect. and that one there was a problem (very small), but it was easily resolved, and in my favor.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
if u can find a used vbt700, those are awesome, i actually own one.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by BlackFalcon17
Wow this site has a lot of stuff for pretty low prices. How are they able to sell them like that? Is it safe to buy?

It's fairly safe, I have had a couple issues, due to the seller not me, and reverb staff was all over it and very helpful. I recommend using paypal though just for added security. I have bought and sold many items on there. They are able to keep the cost low because Reverb doesn't charge out the anus for selling an item. eBay takes 10% of the final sale and reverb takes 3.5%, which makes that site much more attractive to sell. Its like a mix of Craigslist and eBay, sort of best of both worlds.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
On topic, the guitar that trashed pointed you to is a great find, and already has the upgraded pickups. You might be able to get them even lower on price too.

Also, might think of looking at older RGs, a la 550, 570. Those are pre-Prestige.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
Line 6 M13
Quote by bobafettacheese
On topic, the guitar that trashed pointed you to is a great find, and already has the upgraded pickups. You might be able to get them even lower on price too.

Also, might think of looking at older RGs, a la 550, 570. Those are pre-Prestige.

There are a lot of RGs like those that I've considered, but I have a hard time navigating around the single coil in the middle, especially when palm muting. Probably has something to do with the fact that I started out with just 2 humbuckers and never learned how to deal with it.

Also, that 1421 vs this 921 that comes with a case?
Last edited by BlackFalcon17 at Mar 17, 2016,
Well you could go with the 550, and then buy a pick guard that covers that single in the middle.
Line 6 M13
really happy with my prestige, 7 yrs now, fairly abused, lots of tropical heat and winter cold, perfect guitar for me. I paid about $700 used with better pups installed, would by another if this one got damaged.
I have a RGR1570 Prestige and it's on the lower end of the Prestige scale but it's awesome. Build quality is excellent and it plays really well.
Quote by J_W
This description lol

A one inch WHAT in the back?

Yeah, I didnt even notice until you said something haha. I asked, and the guy said he meant to say "ding." Does anyone know what kind of pickup is in the bridge? It's not stock and the seller does not know either.
Quote by J_W
This description lol

A one inch WHAT in the back?

My newest addition,
2007 Dean Cadi-KILL (Cannibal Corpse) Rob Barrett Signature model to see more of my gear visit my profile.