I submitted a tab on January 24th for the Psychedelic Furs' "Here Come Cowboys." It was right, it fulfilled a request, and there was only a tab version available before I submitted. My tab was rejected by multiple people in the community for being inaccurate. Not sure if the link to my submission works for anyone else, but I can add it if that's needed. It did need some work - the Bm should have been B, and the whole thing is easier to play with power chords. It's worth noting that none of the users who rejected suggested this was an easy fix, they agreed it was "completely wrong."

A day later, DON CZARSKI submits my tab, almost exactly the same as the version I had come up with (with the B for a Bm, but that's the only thing he changed). If it needed a correction, he could have submitted it in the comments. His version now has 11 5 star reviews. How is that fair - that he can copy my submission and get credit for it?

Screenshots from my submission and his comments on his approved tab:
http://i.imgur.com/hRwEVD4.png
http://i.imgur.com/YtbSssy.png
man I wonder if there's a section

for talking about tabs
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I would feel bad, but... it's not even a tab. It's like 5 chords that anyone could have figured out (and apparently you didn't even figure it out right) so it's not like he really stole "your" work or anything. Like maybe if you had listened more carefully and gotten it right in the first place this wouldn't be an issue.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I was standing in line the other day in the shop and a newspaper article caught my eye so I took 3 steps to the side to grab a copy and when I turned around someone had taken my place in the queue.
I bet it was the same fucker who stole your tab.
Quote by Kateigh
I submitted a tab on January 24th for the Psychedelic Furs' "Here Come Cowboys." It was right, it fulfilled a request, and there was only a tab version available before I submitted. My tab was rejected by multiple people in the community for being inaccurate. Not sure if the link to my submission works for anyone else, but I can add it if that's needed. It did need some work - the Bm should have been B, and the whole thing is easier to play with power chords. It's worth noting that none of the users who rejected suggested this was an easy fix, they agreed it was "completely wrong."

A day later, DON CZARSKI submits my tab, almost exactly the same as the version I had come up with (with the B for a Bm, but that's the only thing he changed). If it needed a correction, he could have submitted it in the comments. His version now has 11 5 star reviews. How is that fair - that he can copy my submission and get credit for it?

Screenshots from my submission and his comments on his approved tab:
http://i.imgur.com/hRwEVD4.png
http://i.imgur.com/YtbSssy.png

Welcome to the asinine bunch of assholes that are the UG approval queue
I'm generalising massively here but it seriously attracts assholes on both sides

although, those are actual reasons in the comments
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Last edited by Pastafarian96 at Mar 17, 2016,
Quote by Pastafarian96
Welcome to the asinine bunch of assholes that are the UG approval queue
I'm generalising massively here but it seriously attracts assholes on both sides

although, those are actual reasons in the comments
It wasn't always this bad, actually. There was a time when you'd be lucky to even have one person who wasn't a tab mod look, let alone vote, on the tab. Nowadays I think UG is trying to put a lot more emphasis on it and it's not going according to plan.

For the record, DON CZARSKI is a popular contributor in the tabbing community. Idk if it was right of him to do that though. I'll leave that up to emad or another tab mod to decide.
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Mar 17, 2016,
Quote by zappp at #33882969
Okay, let's call Don here to comment?

#scenes
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

That Bm is a big deal considering it's literally half of the song.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by UltimateGuizar
Hi Zappp, can you make me a super mod? That would be awesome thanks

Me too? I'd be sooooooo responsible with it I promise!
Well as I said on the tab itself, Me and don did a song request and did it at the same time he got his on just before I put mine on, stuff like this will happen were 2 people tab out a request, You just can,t accuse someone of copying your tab out, and then make it known in a forum that he;s copying a tab out without any proof, yea the song is like 5 chords, and your both going to come up with the same type of tab, that don,t mean it's copied. Don does req he's got nearly 800 I think he's passed the stage of copying/stealing someones tab. maybe you just should of PM him and sorted it out. shit happens man
jfc no wonder zapp hardly ever posts. I bet his penis is chafed from all you people's dry anuses.
Hi Zappp, can you make me a super mod? That would be awesome thanks

^^^ Sure, I just promoted you to a super mod
hey zappp
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
As to the topic - I talked with Don, and it doesn't look like there is anything bad. He didn't reject the tab. Things like this can happen, topic closed