grawgos

H4T3BR33D3R

4th horseman

trashedlostfdup

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
thanks again. you are a gentleman and a scholar.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Trash'd's board is closest to what I would probably have the most fun with. I'm on mobile, is Cathbard's board molded? It looks molded on my phone, if that's the case I'm gonna have a tough decision to make, lol.

Otherwise the 4th horseman has that weird antique meatloaf looking thing, what in the hell is that?! Don't get me wrong, I ask out of admiration cause that's gotta be the weirdest looking pedal I've ever seen.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
No, it's made out of pine. The pedals sit in routed cavities with the front board screwed on to lock them into place. The rest is biscuit jointed. It has a lid too.
The box on the left is a regulated power supply. Two outputs each with a LM7809. The box in the middle back is the supply for the led's hidden beneath the little black cowl so I can see the board on a darkened stage.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by lucky1978 at #33882883
the 4th horseman has that weird antique meatloaf looking thing, what in the hell is that?! Don't get me wrong, I ask out of admiration cause that's gotta be the weirdest looking pedal I've ever seen.

I like Grawgos' board. Looks pretty sweet.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Grawgos has my vote. Nice board!
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by lucky1978
Otherwise the 4th horseman has that weird antique meatloaf looking thing, what in the hell is that?! Don't get me wrong, I ask out of admiration cause that's gotta be the weirdest looking pedal I've ever seen.

I was pondering that one myself.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
lets keep it up! TTT
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Ttt
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
I voted for 4th horseman cause I'm fascinated by his burnt meatloaf with buttons. So, 4th horseman, what in the hell kinda pedal is that? I can't even guess. It's probably something boring like a line looper or something, I've always thought it would be cool to build a few individual pedals into one housing, is that what's going on?

It makes me wanna take my M9 into my favorite local shop and see if they can build me a crazy custom housing for it.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
quoting myself from the "pretty boards" thread

Quote by me from the other thread
lol it's a switch for my amp that I made myself out of scrap metal. It looks cooler in person. It was a piece of metal from my dad's junk pile that I was sanding the rust off of to make a box out of and thought, "hey, that looks pretty cool with the rust smoothed down". It's all swirly brown and red. Then I welded sides on, used salt water to rust the weld lines, and clear coated it. Rust and all.

The switch with the green light is to switch between my amp's two gain channels, the red one is to switch between clean and distortion, the yellow is for reverb, and the blue one (not on in the picture because it's so fucking bright it was throwing off the lighting) is for the fx loop. I was going to also add in another switch for pedals in front of the amp so I could turn those all on or off, but never actually got any pedals that I didn't want in the fx loop so I just have an extra hole that I stuck a random piece of plastic in

That green pedal is a BYOC chorus I made with the "scream" painting color shifted to green, but the face isn't showing up very well due to the crappy tablet camera I was using. I also have a strip of blue LEDs mounted in the lid of my pedal box (which is why the paper looks blue), so it looks pretty cool in the dark, but again due to the crappy camera I couldn't get a good picture in the dark. The delay pedal and wah pedal are also BYOC pedals I made.

I made the box for the pedals myself as well. That carpeted board is held down by velcro and has my power supply hiding under it (can't remember what power supply) Covered it in leather and installed handles and latches.

Hell, the only thing in that picture I didn't make is the EQ pedal, and it's been modded.

I also have a mxr compressor and a couple of distortion/overdrive pedals I've built, but I never use them.

edit: I had the blue LEDs turned off in this picture, thus the paper is not blue in this picture. I put an inline switch in the cable over by the right hinge leading up to the LEDs in the lid.
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Mar 20, 2016,

Nicely done, sir.

And clearly, a contender for any future "DIY Pedalboard" competition.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Mar 20, 2016,
time for a revival
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Nothing against Grawgos, but that seems off that the leader doesn't even have a "board".

Unless of course its invisible.
Quote by lucky1978
Nothing against Grawgos, but that seems off that the leader doesn't even have a "board".

Unless of course its invisible.

It wasn't in the requirements, so it stands. Maybe I would require a physical "board" if I were to do it again.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
I'm sure no one predicted Grawgos' "Pedalfloor" taking the cake for small board, lol. But it just seems lazy. Grawgos can't pick up his pedals, cleanly, all at once, which...isn't that the point of a board? The 4th horseman sanded the fucking metal for his own god damn pedal and Cathbard built his own carrying case type apparatus with his...small pedalBOARD. But no, the only guy without a frickin' board wins best "smallBOARD". What a croc! Its rigged!
Quote by lucky1978
I'm sure no one predicted Grawgos' "Pedalfloor" taking the cake for small board, lol. But it just seems lazy. Grawgos can't pick up his pedals, cleanly, all at once, which...isn't that the point of a board? The 4th horseman sanded the fucking metal for his own god damn pedal and Cathbard built his own carrying case type apparatus with his...small pedalBOARD. But no, the only guy without a frickin' board wins best "smallBOARD". What a croc! Its rigged!

Sorry about the no board. It wasn't a requirement. I'm married with two kids and don't gig. Hell I don't even know anyone else that plays an instrument. So I really have no need for an actual board. I'd rather spend what little extra money I have on gear or my kids instead of buying a board or building a board.

As far as rigged, if you remember earlier contests, I got my ass handed to me every year. I think I have more votes this year than the previous 2 or 3 combined.

I thought this contest was about having fun and seeing other peoples setups? I guess not.
Jesus someone needs to calm down. His pedal's fucking rule and he justified it above perfectly.

How the fuck is it rigged either? What do you have to do for it to be rigged?
Quote by lucky1978

This isn't a competition based on carpentry or metalwork skills.

The 'pretty board' one might be influenced by those.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal

The 'pretty board' one might be influenced by those.

Quote by dannyalcatraz

Btw, I know its just a friendly lighthearted competition, I was just typing tongue in cheek. I had no idea Grawgos' board is invisible though, that changes things.
Quote by lucky1978

Btw, I know its just a friendly lighthearted competition, I was just typing tongue in cheek. I had no idea Grawgos' board is invisible though, that changes things.

He also wins the sorcery pedal board contest.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal

Why not?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Why not?

Well, not all the entries have any of it. If those things were the basis of the contest, they'd all need them.

Not being the basis of the contest is not the same as having no influence on some people's voting.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Get Your Votes In! The Winner As Of March 31st Moves Onto Onto The Final.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
I voted for grawgos.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
GRAWGOS wins!
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!