Does anybody else still play one of these? They're discontinued I think but I've had mine for years and I really like it. Starting to play a little heavier music so was thinking of adding an OD to the chain.

If you have one, which OD are you using and what sort of style do you play?

also, did your footswitch fuck up and could you find an identical replacement?
I did play around with one of these back in the day in rented studios. That was the Alex Lifeson amp if I am not mistaken, great piece of gear.
I think it will take a Buddha Zendrive which can be like tubescreamer or fuller, with more lows when needed.
The 4 button footswitch looks like it could easily be repaired by an electronics guy as these are not very complicated, ask fro schematic from H&K. There might be some few button switches that could work, but I am not sure, possibly this one as it could be set for momentary or latch operation:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/boss-fs-6-footswitch?rNtt=boss%20switch&index=1

Since the Trilogy has midi, I'd probably get a midi switch instead or you might have a midi multifx already.
Used: I got a Yamaha MFC1 real cheap, Rolls Midi Buddy, Tech21 Midi Mouse, ADA midi controllers, some multifx processors, like old GT-6 or GT-8
Last edited by diabolical at Mar 18, 2016,
thanks guys I'll give those pedals a look.
Yeah Diabolical, right now I'm using an FCB1010 to control the amp and an eleven rack that has the amp and cab sims turned off (I found most of the tones I could get out the 11R disappointing so it got relegated to an effects box.) It is nice being able to hit one pedal and change the channel on my amp and all the effects at once.
Quote by LeperAffinity88
thanks guys I'll give those pedals a look.
Yeah Diabolical, right now I'm using an FCB1010 to control the amp and an eleven rack that has the amp and cab sims turned off (I found most of the tones I could get out the 11R disappointing so it got relegated to an effects box.) It is nice being able to hit one pedal and change the channel on my amp and all the effects at once.

That's the way to do it! The 11R is not very good for what they advertised it. I guess for fx should be fine, you found a cool way to incorporate it to your gig.

Who do you like that amp? Do you have some recordings?
I remember it was a touch too brittle for my taste but so are most H&K.
tbh I bought it when I was a dumb kid and the salesman just kind of won me over but now I like that it retains it's clarity no matter how much I push it. Some practices I borrow a friends marshall and its noticeable how washed out some of the songs become. Don't have any recordings of it solo'd but I'll try and do some. I agree it lacks some balls compared to the Marshall.
Descent into madness is pretty rad btw.