Alright this question is probably the most asked question ever?
How do you make your strings rusted slower?
Like I changed my string around 2-3 weeks now and its coated with RUST
i'm using .11-.50 nickle wound(both round wound and flat wound)
I don't sweat too much while i'm playing but if its long time playing I do sweat a lot.
And another question
What's the ways to stretch a set of new strings because playing new strings is pretty hard for me.
Thank you
Quote by joseph24
Alright this question is probably the most asked question ever?
How do you make your strings rusted slower?
Like I changed my string around 2-3 weeks now and its coated with RUST
i'm using .11-.50 nickle wound(both round wound and flat wound)
I don't sweat too much while i'm playing but if its long time playing I do sweat a lot.
And another question
What's the ways to stretch a set of new strings because playing new strings is pretty hard for me.
Thank you

Try wiping the strings down after every use. That should help a bit at least.
Other than that, try some coated strings (like Elixir, D'Addario EXP, etc.) because they're specifically designed to stop grease/oil/acid from affecting the strings.
They cost a bit more, but they should last much longer.
Lately I have been using these Ernie Ball "Wonder Wipes" after gigs. They are in convenient foil packages and seem to make the strings last longer. I don't use them when I am playing at home because I only sweat on gigs (but I sweat a lot on gigs). Anyway, I only started using these a few months ago but they seem to be good. They are reasonable at $1.99 for a box of 6 wipes.
Attachments:
wonder wipes.jpg
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Mar 17, 2016,
You can use stuff like GHS Fast Fret after every time you play. Or use stainless steel strings.
i'm using D' addarios but what are the differences between
-XL
-EXP
-NYXL
i'v hear a lot of good reviews on NYXL serie what's you guys opinions on it?
and comparing NYXL and Elixir which one is better in you guys opinion? The price difference is not that much (My preferred size is .11-.49,.10-.52) And I don't have any preferred tuning I always changes my tuning.
Last question is I noticed a lot of difference artist (especially metal bands) using a pretty heavy bottom string what's the difference between the size of string when playing in drop tuning?