Quote by GuitarManiac110
Nice riffs man,reminds me of early Periphery=Misha. You could try refining the guitar tones a bit,but otherwise a very nice sounding piece you have here. Digging also the snare!

Follow the Soundcloud link to hear my stuff,plenty of styles to choose from...

Thanks for the crit man! What guitar tones do you mean? Usually I almost always get compliments about the guitar tones, then again, this is the first time I try this sound.

The one thing I notice here is that the lead after the chorus sounds annoying as hell
Not the writing but the tone of the guitar itself, I cranked the mids on it too much I guess
Hello there.

Nice track. The mix is really loud and clear and sounds very high quality for the most part. The exception is the guitar tone in some ways. It's a good tone for the style but I think you have overdone the mids/ high mids a bit. The part you mentioned is a bit aggro on mids and the track did sort of tire my ears a little. A little sweep around and cut the stuff thats too edgy would probably do it a world of good. Also your solo work around 1:35 kinda got a bit buried.

Anyway, composition isnt necessarily my sort of thing but it is well done. The interlude section sounded cool and had some nice touches to it. I'm not generally one for instrumental pieces so I think it would be cool to hear it with some vocals.

Beyond that I cant really give any more crit. It sounds really nicely done.

If you fancy checking out my stuff - the latest track is here

Cheers
Okay, thanks for the reviews!

Well, I kind of regret rushing this track now but I guess I'll grow out of doing it in time

Lucky it's just a demo, but I actually like the rythm guitar tone, it's the lead one that sucks

I didn't master the thing properly and just went to try something more extreme.

Some people like the rythm tone some don't I guess

I fell in love with it when I heard that sound after 2:15

I'll go review your songs now!
I really enjoyed that, reminded me of 'Misery Signals'... The lead tone was a bit 'nasal' but it didn't put me off the actual music. I quite liked the brightness of the rhythm guitars but I think they should be a little bit lower in the mix volume wise. Slammin' track though!
First thought: "This is Scarlet by Periphery."

But moving on, this is a great track. The guitar tone IS a little thin, but definitely not bad. I've heard worse on major label releases. The tone is actually amazing in itself; it just falls short of that Periphery greatness you seem to be aiming for.

For the actual song, it's full of strong chord progressions, but there's no melody. The song is BEGGING for vocals. It feels like something Howard Jones of Killswitch would be suited for; really epic, but still heavy enough to scream over. I'm not a prog/metal vocalist by any means, but if you ever want somebody to lay down a vocal, don't hesitate to send me your track (thepazminoproject(at)gmail.com).

If you want, check out my latest track - https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1699282

But all in all, good work. Very polished.
Last edited by curlyhead_P at Mar 20, 2016,
Thanks for the reviews!

Quote by curlyhead_P
First thought: "This is Scarlet by Periphery."

But moving on, this is a great track. The guitar tone IS a little thin, but definitely not bad. I've heard worse on major label releases. The tone is actually amazing in itself; it just falls short of that Periphery greatness you seem to be aiming for.

For the actual song, it's full of strong chord progressions, but there's no melody. The song is BEGGING for vocals. It feels like something Howard Jones of Killswitch would be suited for; really epic, but still heavy enough to scream over. I'm not a prog/metal vocalist by any means, but if you ever want somebody to lay down a vocal, don't hesitate to send me your track (thepazminoproject(at)gmail.com).

If you want, check out my latest track - https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1699282

But all in all, good work. Very polished.

Damn time to rewrite some riffs

Yeah that riff reminds me of Reject Yourself by killswitch and Scarlet, thought I never thought about those songs when writing it so my conscience is clear, and to be honest, I've already moved on to make 2 more tracks for this album and I don't know if I can do any better with that riff

The thin guitar tone I've already fixed by making a new mastering chain

And I don't do vocals because I am lazy as hell and have to do a lot of stuff as it is, but I have bought a cheap good condenser mic because I want to try eventually. Problem is my voice is deep and I don't practice. I can sing metal/hc but not this
Right off the bat its a very solid instrumental, timing is good and everything cuts through the mix well together. But, if you leave it as an instrumental I feel it could use some structural changes to give it more of a progression. As for the guitar tone I think it seems a bit high on the mids, which could be to help with presence, but it seems to lack character. But tone is an opinion anyway lol good mix so far
Question Everything
Gear
PRS SE 245
Schecter Solo Special
B-52 AT-100
Orange CR60
Fulltone GT-500
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Banshee Talkbox
Thanks for the crit on my track!

I'm not too involved with this genre but I can definitely hear there's a lot of heart going into this track and I can totally hear the excellent musicianship going on. Everything sounds pretty clear and polished up and the riffing and soloing are both fantastic. The mix is very clean and gives each instrument it's own space and everything sounds terrific.
Well this certainly sounds bigger!

BUT

I would personally lower the volume of the kick and raise the volume of the bass. And the clean tone in the break could be a tad softer,but that's pretty much all I can say at this point. Keep going dude!

Here's something I did recently:https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1701840