Page 1 of 3
Whats your once in a lifetime thing you want to do but think you'll never have the time/opportunity/money/ambition etc to actually do it?

Mine is to through-hike the Appalachian Trail from Georgia to Maine. In the planning stages of it now.

Its something I've wanted to for a long time and would have done years ago but while working my former job about 6 years ago I sustained heavy left side nerve damage and lost the lower portion of my left leg.

But thats a pretty lame excuse so fuck it I feel i am at the point where I can do it now so I'm gonna give it a shot.

Discuss?
Quote by robbmgdt
thing you want to do but think you'll never have the time/opportunity/money/ambition etc to actually do it?

Quote by robbmgdt
i am at the point where I can do it now so I'm gonna give it a shot.

wot
Quote by sam b
wot

?

Like i said. You think you'll never have time, or the opportunity or whatever to do thing you want to do. I have the opportunity now so am gonna try and do it.
I'd quite like to try a coast to coast US motorcycle trip at some point. Stopping off at the major national parks.
Drive a really fast car, or indeed any car, round the Nurburgring.

Maybe when I win the lottery....
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

I've always wanted to make it into space, and given when I was born and what took place soon thereafter it seemed like a realistic dream.

Then we apparently lost our ability to dream big, the knobheads in Congress took every opportunity to starve one of the most fruitful Gov't programs ever devised (the space program has paid for itself many times over, which may make it the only Gov't program to ever do so) and research (and opportunity) was set back 40 years.

Fast forward to today and we finally seem to be getting closer to consistent, economical (relatively speaking) manned spaceflight, but I'd be surprised if we get there in time for me to take the trip.

I haven't lost hope entirely though, but it's a longer shot than I thought it was 4 decades ago...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Mar 18, 2016,
Quote by RAB11
Drive a really fast car, or indeed any car, round the Nurburgring.

Maybe when I win the lottery....

Costs like €30 to do a lap in your own car iirc
A bare knuckle, no holds barred street fight against Adrian Chiles.
Quote by sam b

I was thinking the same thing. Most tracks have times/days when they are available to the public and the fee is generally pretty reasonable.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
travel the world for UG reasons
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by soundgarden1986
same as it ever was

Quote by sam b

Yes but first I would need to get to Germany and have a car I wouldn't be embarrassed to show up in.

Quote by Eastwinn

Quote by RAB11
Yes but first I would need to get to Germany and have a car I wouldn't be embarrassed to show up in.

There'll probably be someone in a Trabant.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by robbmgdt
Whats your once in a lifetime thing you want to do but think you'll never have the time/opportunity/money/ambition etc to actually do it?
I'm not pessemistic / intelligible enough to think any of those things would keep me from doing it.

Problem is, "it" isn't a thing because I'm reluctantly winging life.

Only thing on my bucket list right now is visit Acadia National Park in Maine. I plan on saving up for it someday.
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Mar 18, 2016,
Yeah making it into space.

Also influencing the world in a positive way. Not like joining the peace corps or volunteering at a soup kit*chen (not to minimize those efforts, though), but having a lasting global effect on society at large. Not being just someone who came into being and consumed resources while offering nothing in return.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
I'm not pessemistic / intelligible enough to think any of those things would keep me from doing it.

Problem is, "it" isn't a thing because I'm reluctantly winging life.

Only thing on my bucket list right now is visit Acadia National Park in Maine. I plan on saving up for it someday.

Acadia national park is definitely worth the trip
Going to space is the big (and only?) one for me.

I would prefer to do the PCT instead of the Appalachian trail.

I guess I want to do the wonderland trail as well, it circumnavigates Mt. Rainier. That one is very doable though.
My God, it's full of stars!
idk I'm pretty sure I can do whatever I want at some point in my life because I plan to make enough money to get there and if I want to do it badly enough I will have enough ambition for it. I'll just have to wait to do it.

My main "bucket list" things (least attainable right now) are traveling to all the Disney and Universal Studios parks in the world, Uluru, and Shiraz.
cat
Quote by Dreadnought
Going to space is the big (and only?) one for me.

I would prefer to do the PCT instead of the Appalachian trail.

I guess I want to do the wonderland trail as well, it circumnavigates Mt. Rainier. That one is very doable though.

Would love to do PCT as well. Actually reading some comparing of both a lot of people seem to prefer the PCT.
I want to visit the ruins of Palmyra. I've wanted to go since before the conflict in Syria (kind of an ancient history/Roman history nerd). Add to that ISIS keep destroying bits and pieces of it (example - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple_of_Baalshamin) and beheading people there. It's the sort of deal where I'd probably be able to save up enough money to go, but there are a lot of other things going on, too.

Quote by robbmgdt
Acadia national park is definitely worth the trip
So you've been? I'm jealous. Only reason I know about it is because I'm a fan of astrophotography and found this picture taken there

Notice the rad photobombing seal.
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Mar 18, 2016,
Quote by Aeolian Harmony
I want to visit the ruins of Palmyra. I've wanted to go since before the conflict in Syria (kind of an ancient history/Roman history nerd). Add to that ISIS keep destroying bits and pieces of it (example - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple_of_Baalshamin) and beheading people there. It's the sort of deal where I'd probably be able to save up enough money to go, but there are a lot of other things going on, too.

Nah I would not at all recommend that you travel there. You could look into Jordan or Lebanon if you're interested in Roman history, though.
jordan is pr cool. petra is just awesome
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
OH I guess another thing I sort of want to do but definitely can't right now is anything involving being in the wilderness/physical endurance. But I have a lot of physically challenging things I want to work on (ESPECIALLY dance) before I start focusing on outdoor survival skills and stuff.
cat
Quote by Joshua Garcia
So you've been? I'm jealous. Only reason I know about it is because I'm a fan of astrophotography and found this picture taken there

Notice the rad photobombing seal.

I have, a couple times. The only National Park in the US i've been to unfortunately, but the closest to drive to from where I am
Quote by Aeolian Harmony

i too dream of visiting various archaeological sites

lately i've been day dreaming about abu simbel
but really i'm not too picky
just something i know about
Almost went to Amman this past summer, but the study abroad program at the uni decided to cut ties with schools in Jordan/Israel/Lebanon. Probably to do with what's going on in Syria, but I didn't get a clear answer from them. I was planning on making a trip to Jerash, too.

^ huu on Abu Simbel
Last edited by Aeolian Harmony at Mar 18, 2016,
^ I've made a few trips to Afghanistan for work and was lucky to see Mundigak (sp?) west of Kandahar. Middle Eastern, African archaeological sites are amazing to see first hand.
Quote by robbmgdt
I have, a couple times. The only National Park in the US i've been to unfortunately, but the closest to drive to from where I am
Yeah, I know that feel. Nearest one from me is Garner State Park, and likewise, the only national park I've ever been to. It's nothing special, but very peaceful and sentimental to me.

Now that I think about it, I guess just spending my days visiting any and every national park I can would be my once in a lifetime dream.

I like to imagine it's something I can do when I'm gray and old after I retire, but first I gotta figure out what to do. Hopefully successful enough to make it a reality.
Now that I think about it, I guess just spending my days visiting any and every national park I can would be my once in a lifetime dream.

Would be cool. I've been to quite a few in Canada. Probably my favorite is Kluane. Check ithttp://

phone post is worst. is a cool park though
Last edited by robbmgdt at Mar 18, 2016,
-At a wedding when they say speak now or forever hold your peace I want to say I OBJECT!!!!

-save a really superhot woman from something like being attacked and/or robbed. Or drowning maybe.

-have sex with an extremely realistic sex robot that hasn't been invented yet.

-crawl up in Lincolns lap at the Lincoln Memorial

-tell Kevin Smith that Red State was incredible

-hit Kanye West in the face as hard as I can
Quote by Baby Joel
wlking on the moon

Ive heard that giant steps AAAAAAARE what you take.

Planned a cross country US roadtrip with my brothers years ago. Visit a bunch of cool cities, and places of interests. Had it all mapped and priced out and everything

I mean, it might happen, but I doubt it at this point. Our schedules would never match up
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Mar 18, 2016,
Just once, I'd like to spoil a 'once in a lifetime' opportunity for an individual(who will remain unnamed) out of spite.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Page 1 of 3