Hi there!

First off this is my first post, so apologies if this is in the incorrect place to post this.

Basically I've been recording covers and instrumental with online-found drum tracks for a while, but I'm limited with what I can do with them, i'd like to make my own drum tracks, but I don't have access to a set of drums at the moment.. XD

I am just wondering if anyone has found something online or as a free download that can be used to create drum tracks of studio quality, such as ezdrummer etc (I've got the free trial but since money is tight because of college and things I cant actually afford the full version )

Cheers in advance!
You aren't going to find anything of similar or higher quality to EZDrummer without paying.

Short of just buying EZDrummer, here's a couple of suggestions.

Some DAWs come with a rudimentary drum plugin or VST. These will not sound anywhere near as good as EZDrummer and they will not be as flexible, but if you already own, for example, Pro Tools, you can make drum tracks using Xpand2.

Before I bought Superior Drummer I used a software called Acoustica Beatcraft. It isn't free but I don't recall it being very expensive at all. It is a standalone program and doesn't use MIDI (from what I remember) so you have to click in each drum hit and then export as audio. Not ideal, but it worked for the time I used it.

Honestly, I would save for EZDrummer.
There's Hydrogen:
http://www.hydrogen-music.org/hcms/node/24

It is a great drum machine software, you can load your own samples into it and then export it as wav and work off of that. It is quite powerful if you know what you are doing.

What DAW are you using? Studio One has a built in drum machine that is quite powerful, swuare sound matrix like the NI Battery, also a synth that does drums, they come with the software. Another one I know is N-Track, which comes with a drum module:
http://www.houstonmusicreviews.com/GearReview/n-track/n-track.htm

Read up on your DAW, it might already have a virtual instrument (keyboard) that could have drum sounds.
Quote by Random3
You aren't going to find anything of similar or higher quality to EZDrummer without paying.

Short of just buying EZDrummer, here's a couple of suggestions.

Some DAWs come with a rudimentary drum plugin or VST. These will not sound anywhere near as good as EZDrummer and they will not be as flexible, but if you already own, for example, Pro Tools, you can make drum tracks using Xpand2.

Before I bought Superior Drummer I used a software called Acoustica Beatcraft. It isn't free but I don't recall it being very expensive at all. It is a standalone program and doesn't use MIDI (from what I remember) so you have to click in each drum hit and then export as audio. Not ideal, but it worked for the time I used it.

Honestly, I would save for EZDrummer.

I agree with Random3.
The price of EZDrummer is reasonable(I mean cheap) and way better than the other VSTs.
I went with Addictive Drums 2. I prefer their snare samples to EZDrummer.
Quote by Watterboy
Do you have any dilithium crystals or fresh warm dumps for sale
Thankyou all very much for the replies, after reading through I think my best bet is to just save for ezdrummer, as recommended. I mean I had the demo and it was rather impressive so I guess nothing that's free would beat it , looking back now it's a bit of a silly question.. you get what you pay for aye? Again thankyou all very much, it is very much appreciated!!!