Okay, here's a tricky one. This is a Bich, maple neck-through with walnut stringers and mahogany side wings (body). It also has a quilt top (trans blue on the wings, natural quilt in the center) Ebony fretboard, and old school BCR headstock and cloud inlays. It says NJ Classic Series on the front and on the back it only has a small sticker that says Made In China. No serial number at all. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it. Thanks
*Update: I tried calling BCR directly, the guy picked up the phone, I said I needed help dating my Bich. He literally said "I can't help you, look online. Have a nice day" then hung up! So it's nice to know that when I need to date an instrument the manufacturer can't even help :p
Still, I'd appreciate any info
Last edited by RLG167 at Mar 18, 2016,
If you don't have a serial number or even pictures we can't date it.

The NJ was made since like 86 so we can't date it without you giving us more info.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by RLG167 at #33885506
I tried to upload pics and it gave me an error code. I'll try again, but in the meantime, I posted pics here, post #78
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/standard-guitars/49900-dating-bc-rich-serial-4.html#post4552952

Upload them to imgur then.

I don't have a sevenstring account and I would bet a lot of people here don't either so we can't view those pictures at all.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by cowboy_jones
Well you have to get to know it a bit first

lol XD I knew someone was gonna say that
Someone just gave me some info on Sevenstring, thanks anyways. They said it was a Chinese import that a few were mislabeled as NJ Classic, when they're actually NT, back in 2006
can't see pix but those specs are for NJ series. there is a newer series that is the NT but no cloud inlays and i don't think they did a Bich. the NJ series was Korean made though not chinese.
BC Rich is under new management so they probably don't know a thing about previous models. That's not to justify how they treated you. Perhaps if you call the previous owners, the Hanser Music Group they can confirm what the other guy said about the mislabeling and so on.
Buddy, we can't click and open those photos without a sevenstring account.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

I logged out of my account and copied that link and it worked for me. I don't know why it won't let me upload here, it gave me an error code every time I tried
Quote by RLG167
I logged out of my account and copied that link and it worked for me. I don't know why it won't let me upload here, it gave me an error code every time I tried

Just use imgur. Easy, fast and reliable.

I can't see the pics either.
Treat her right. And if all goes well, later on you can take that "Bich"'s G-string right the fuck off
Originally posted by Joshua Garcia
I just come here to dick around.
And maybe occasionally wave my dick around.

My D is major
I also recommend Tequila and Ferro Rocher bonbons
Quote by Watterboy
Do you have any dilithium crystals or fresh warm dumps for sale
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

I can and I do not have an account.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by Evilnine at #33891685
I can and I do not have an account.

You realize you're posting this like almost a week after the fact right? You don't think that maybe some of those links got fixed since then?

It's really great that you could open it. Doesn't change the fact that I couldn't and neither could somebody else in the thread.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
i have an account. it's a life-size picture and i didn't want to post all of them:

Last edited by ad_works at Mar 23, 2016,
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You realize you're posting this like almost a week after the fact right? You don't think that maybe some of those links got fixed since then?

It's really great that you could open it. Doesn't change the fact that I couldn't and neither could somebody else in the thread.

Wasn't trying to be a smartass I was just stating that I could open the links without an account and I have done it in the past.

Let's not make mountains out of molehills.

Anyway I have a BC Rich Beast V, made in China, beautiful fit/finish great build quality in general serial number did not help me find the manufacture date, from what I was able to deduce it is a 2009, based on that exact model was introduced in 09 and my research shows they only made them that year, I think that body is still in production but not the gunmetal neck thru with Kahler.

Serial numbers can be problematic for dating on imports in general.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Mar 23, 2016,
I own a bich that i done in legitimate paisley fabric and blue burst. Got a set of railhammers in there with a maple neck/fretboard and strat headstock. Its my baby.
Quote by christoforo2002
The serial number should point to 73 but mockingbirds were not produced until 76

NJ Classics series were from early 2000s to late 2000s not a 70s guitar at all.