Hello all,

I am currently working on my bachelor degree in audio production. To summarize what my assignment is about: editing in multitrack recordings. My main subject is the effect of sliding the attack portion of each instrument around one and another and the psycho-acoustical impact it has on the listener.

It would also be nice, if you could ask some non-musician friends of yours to take the survey.

Thanks for all members helping me out.

https://de.surveymonkey.com/r/QHYJVP2
Quote by UltimateGuizar
I tried to take the survey but was greeted by a button that reads "weiter".
I don't know what that means and am afraid you might be a terrorist trying to frame me for something.

weiter? i hardly know her!
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
wtf does question five mean
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Quote by Baby Joel
wtf does question five mean

I didn't understand it the second part of the question. I just went with what instrument I thought was holding the timing.
Quote by mattedbird
I didn't understand it the second part of the question. I just went with what instrument I thought was holding the timing.

In full band recordings, it's not uncommon for one instrument to play a microbeat ahead of everyone else, gives a recording a sense of ephemeral, rhythmical urgency.

U2 is built on that idea, for instance. It was found that unless the bassist was playing ahead of everyone else, they sounded like shite.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by EpiExplorer
In full band recordings, it's not uncommon for one instrument to play a microbeat ahead of everyone else, gives a recording a sense of ephemeral, rhythmical urgency.

U2 is built on that idea, for instance. It was found that unless the bassist was playing ahead of everyone else, they sounded like shite.
good info. I guess I was just confused by it in being the second part of the question. it seems like it's two different questions asked at once.