Page 1 of 3
It's a question I think about probably too often. When i hear a sad or mellow piece I'm like 'ooh this would be excellent at my funeral"

Anyways, post your choices but please do it in spoiler tags so my ipad doesnt die every time i click on the thread to listen to yer tunes

some of mine, i think:

Complete embed failure, am fixkng now

Fx'd
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Last edited by steve_muse at Mar 18, 2016,
I don't want a funeral. Dump me in the ground and get on with your lives. Forcing people to endure my shit taste in music won't exactly leave a good last impression.
Last edited by sashki at Mar 18, 2016,
Mines gonna be like a famous person funeral, ur gonna get a whole concert instead of a couple of songs
I wouldn't like it if it were songs that sounded sad or anything. I wanted it to be a song that personified me in a way and made people remember how I used to be.

I'm sure there's another one, but I can't remember it right now. I want people to love life instead of mourn.
Quote by seventh_angel
I wouldn't like it if it were songs that sounded sad or anything. I wanted it to be a song that personified me in a way and made people remember how I used to be.

Yeah, this.

But also this
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Something of my own, recorded. With all its flaws.

But it's not healthy to think of one's own funeral. I do sometimes wonder what I'll play or say at the funerals of my parents. But it will probably be only words followed by silence. Or maybe a Scottish traditional bit, like MacPherson's Lament.

Here's a tremendous rendition: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HQkM0RCfu0

I play that on a solo 6-sting often. It is truly a beautiful piece.

Give it a go:

“High fly ball into right field. She is… gone!" - Vin Scully
Last edited by Standard_A440 at Mar 18, 2016,
^ That was fucking magical man

EDIT: @ standard
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
I want Mr Bungle's self titled album playing, because it would be inappropriate as fuck
I have nothing important to say
Quote by i_lovemetallica
^ That was fucking magical man

EDIT: @ standard

Thank you.

We Scottish do death well.
Yea macpherson's lament was a beauty
Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by Standard_A440
Thank you.

We Scottish do death well.

Agre, this guy is probably more famous in Australia, but he's Scottish born. One of my favourite sad songs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqba0IUdiBk
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Sg do you appreciate my third option
Quote by ErikLensherr

It's a super easy song to play as well, and then lyrics just flow so well.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Danny Boy on the Highland pipes for at least 9 hours. And make people stay for the whole thing.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Remarkable. Thanks for posting that, i_lovemetallica. I hadn't heard the Murphy's interpretation. Eric Bogle was one helluva songwriter. I shouldn't say was; he's still very much alive and kicking.

And if I could add just one more it would be this (by some guys that also love Bogle). I have a hard time playing/singing this because I (confession) get too choked up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KSIozxB0rs

Quote by i_lovemetallica
Agre, this guy is probably more famous in Australia, but he's Scottish born. One of my favourite sad songs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqba0IUdiBk
Quote by Standard_A440
Remarkable. Thanks for posting that, i_lovemetallica. I hadn't heard the Murphy's interpretation. Eric Bogle was one helluva songwriter. I shouldn't say was; he's still very much alive and kicking.

And if I could add just one more it would be this (by some guys that also love Bogle). I have a hard time playing/singing this because I (confession) get too choked up:

That was great

Can we just make a thread called "Songs that give us all major feels?"
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by bradulator at #33886110
These are pretty cool selections

with the exception of Float On because I hate that song.
Speaking of which, my favorite song of all time would be a fitting funeral song, if I ever changed my mind about having a funeral.

Brand New - You Won't Know

And I wish that I could tell you right now
But it looks like I won't be around

They can fire everything they've got and when you think I'm sunk, I will float on and die

On the day that I show up they'll be completely out of their forgiveness supplies
And I can't use the telephone to tell you that I'm dead and gone

Dem feels~~
Last edited by chrismendiola at Mar 18, 2016,
Quote by whywefight at #33886149
damn chris you want them to be happy not to be in existential despair

take notes

You want people to be happy you're dead?

I don't really care. I'd rather just not have a funeral altogether. It's a lot of effort for the inevitable and coffins are a waste of space.
Eh I don't think I'd really care.
Let the living choose to dispose of me as best they want when I die, following current traditions if applicable and not spend too much money. The funeral is more of an opportunity to gather all relatives and people who loved the one that passed so they can comfort each other, develop more bonds, etc.
It seems that either trying to NOT have a funeral or trying to have one with the "music of my choice" (e.g if I wanted to put some funky reggae or something) makes it much harder to fight the current traditions, and seems to miss the point of the actual thing. It also seems to defeat the purpose I stated above, instead making it more selfish about me feeling good in life knowing how my funeral would be like.
I may change my mind about it in the future, but at the very least I don't really care right now.
Quote by chrismendiola at #33886155
You want people to be happy you're dead?

I don't really care. I'd rather just not have a funeral altogether. It's a lot of effort for the inevitable and coffins are a waste of space.

I want them to not also want to die lmao
Page 1 of 3