long story short i got a new guitar that had a broke string ..so i took it to a shop and got them to Cut the Nut and set it up for half step down with Beefy slinkys... the G sounds kinda dead to me... so i'm thinking of going to Power slinkys... the Nut should still be fine right? .. they're not that big of a difference
Originally posted by adVENTURA
if your in a punk band just do like Lars and Tim in rancid and scream like you got marbles in your mouth.

Check out my Music Here
Nope. Should be fine.

I really wouldn't worry about the nut slots being a bit too large for the strings. If the nut is cut decently, then it isn't going to matter.

It also helps to call string sets by their gauges and not by their colloquial names.

I'm not a big fan of Ernie Ball's 11-54's (and 12-56 for that matter) because the G string isn't wound on any of those sets. The G sounds passable if you're using a baritone guitar, but it sounds dull and shitty on any normal scale length guitar.

I'm not a particularly big fan of 11-48's either because the first 3 strings are too heavy for the last 3.

I strongly recommend you use 10-52's instead. They're the perfect compromise between 10-46 and 11-54. They're awesome for 24.75" scales in Eb and D standard and in my opinion they make 11-48 and 11-54 kind of redundant. But this is almost entirely personal preference obviously.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Mar 20, 2016,
Thanks I'll keep that in mind... What i think I'm going to do is keep these for about a month... then get a set of slightly smaller strings... and go from there until i find something that does it for me...
Originally posted by adVENTURA
if your in a punk band just do like Lars and Tim in rancid and scream like you got marbles in your mouth.

Check out my Music Here