Hello

I am new to guitar and purchased a Marshall vintage 2266C and I can't find a owners book on the marshall web site. I was wondering if any knows how to play background music sources through the amp.

I was also wondering if its normal to sound so wimpy without the over drive buttons pressed.

Cheers,

Brett
define "wimpy"
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I would not play background music though that amp. You've bought a pro gigging amp to practice with, so you may run into issues like that.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by dementiacaptain
I would not play background music though that amp. You've bought a pro gigging amp to practice with, so you may run into issues like that.

Exactly. Amps like that are mainly designed with stage and studio use in mind, this is why most of them don't have AUX inputs or headphone outputs.

Tell us what sort of gain/overdrive were you expecting from your amp because this model is more 60's/70's type of sound and for example modern metal tones would be hard to achieve without any sort of pedal in front of it.
Thanks all.

I like the sound, i'm interested in classic rock 60-80's, and some rock/blues. I picked up a Gibson ES-335 59 reissue. It gives great sound but you have to use the mid boost to get the kick ass stage sound. Without it it, sounds weak unless you crank up the body and detail. Comparing it side by side with a fender deluxe reverb which seems to just have crank power in the normal or vibrato inputs. Perhaps I don't understand the Marshall pre-amp thing yet.

Is it normal to want to playback practice music through the amp or shoudl I rig some other device.

Cheers,

Brett
rig another device for music.

yes you need to read the manual. there was a sticker on the front of the amp when it was sold new that explained how the body/detail works, i remember it being very simple.

http://www.guitarplayer.com/miscellaneous/1139/marshall-vintage-modern-2266-head-and-425a-cabinet/21414 good article.

manual download here.
http://www.manualslib.com/manual/99212/Marshall-Amplification-2266c.html

great amp, i'd like to get the head cab set up one day.