Page 1 of 4
Pit people I need your help. My job makes me want to die cuz it's awful but I don't know what kinda jobs to look for that won't be similarly terrible so I need you to throw me suggestions okay

My only caveats are
a) it can't be a job that requires a degree to get
b) it can't be retail
c) it can't be food service and
d) it can't be a job where I'm on phones all day (cuz talking on phones is scary)

Pls help me hmu ty
Data entry?
Glad to cross paths with you on this adventure called life
Quote by Jet Penguin
lots of flirting with the other key without confirming. JUST LIKE THEIR LOVE IN THE MOVIE OH DAMN.
Quote by Hail
you're acting like you have perfect pitch or something
No degree limits you badly.

You like film though. Go work in a video store or be a projectionist at a movie theater
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Some kind of technician role maybe in education

You can get a lab technician role in a school pretty easily as they often employ mums with no qualifications. That could open a role up to aa lot of other things in a lab environment.

Except replace lab with music, or media tech or whatever. Might be shit for a while but you gotta start from somewhere.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Well what is your job? Knowing what you hate doing so much would help narrow down the possibilities.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
unix system admin, seriously

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Not having a degree today when such a high percentage of employers expect it is like you trying to live today without a car or electricity or something. You're living in the past.

You should go for an associates at a local college. It will also expose you to subjects so you can start a process of elimination. Otherwise, I'm not sure there's gonna be a job fitting all that criteria where you won't eventually hate it
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
^ higher education isn't an option for me unfortunately
Probably never will be

Quote by NeoMvsEu
Data entry?

I've considered this actually it's on the vague list in my head cuz writing things down is for CHUMP

Quote by Carnivean
No degree limits you badly.

You like film though. Go work in a video store or be a projectionist at a movie theater

Do video stores still exist? I've heard working at theaters is actually pretty shit but I'm not totally against the idea.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Alaskan crab fishing

A strong suggestion

Quote by behind_you
Get good at art and start a patreon

This is the dream but unfortunately I'm absolute shit at every art form and I'm looking for something immediately I don't have time to git gud

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Some kind of technician role maybe in education

You can get a lab technician role in a school pretty easily as they often employ mums with no qualifications. That could open a role up to aa lot of other things in a lab environment.

Except replace lab with music, or media tech or whatever. Might be shit for a while but you gotta start from somewhere.

Education pays terrible tho like probably worse than I already make and I make nothing pretty much also I hate kids

Quote by necrosis1193
Well what is your job? Knowing what you hate doing so much would help narrow down the possibilities.

Frozen manager at a supermarket

Quote by Xiaoxi
unix system admin, seriously

I have no idea what this is
Last edited by GuitarGod_92 at Mar 21, 2016,
Production plants like the one I'm working at are always hiring. Downside is it is incredibly simple minded and repetitive.
Oilfield worker
Signalperson on a road construction crew.
Yard crew
Hotel maintenance (room cleaning, laundry etc.)
Hospital maintenance (same as above)
Auto Sales (technically "retail" but very different)
Bank Teller
UPS Driver (or most any UPS/Fedex/DHL job)
B2B Delivery driver
Most warehouse positions
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by GuitarGod_92
^ higher education isn't an option for me unfortunately
Probably never will be

I've considered this actually it's on the vague list in my head cuz writing things down is for CHUMP

Do video stores still exist? I've heard working at theaters is actually pretty shit but I'm not totally against the idea.

A strong suggestion

This is the dream but unfortunately I'm absolute shit at every art form and I'm looking for something immediately I don't have time to git gud

Education pays terrible tho like probably worse than I already make and I make nothing pretty much also I hate kids

Frozen manager at a supermarket

I have no idea what this is

All I see here is a bunch of excuses

I know it's not something you want to hear but

1. Stop making excuses.
2. Sometimes you're going to have to take a pay cut to get in on an industry
3. Sometimes you're going to have to step out of your comfort zone
4. Sometimes you're going to have to do something you don't want to do in the short run of benefit in the long run
5. Stop making excuses

Sorry to sound rude but sometimes ya gotta be blunt

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by GuitarGod_92 at #33889009
You probably have the time to get good at art on the side.
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by Arby911
Oilfield worker
Signalperson on a road construction crew.
Yard crew
Hotel maintenance (room cleaning, laundry etc.)
Hospital maintenance (same as above)
Auto Sales (technically "retail" but very different)
Bank Teller
UPS Driver (or most any UPS/Fedex/DHL job)
B2B Delivery driver
Most warehouse positions

Post office around here is always hiring new drivers but the problem is I'm a legit terrible driver so there's an actual real chance that I'd definitely die doing it

Auto sales would be great since apparently you can make bank if you're good at it but as you're all aware I lack charisma

Quote by EndTheRapture51
All I see here is a bunch of excuses

I know it's not something you want to hear but

1. Stop making excuses.
2. Sometimes you're going to have to take a pay cut to get in on an industry
3. Sometimes you're going to have to step out of your comfort zone
4. Sometimes you're going to have to do something you don't want to do in the short run of benefit in the long run
5. Stop making excuses

Sorry to sound rude but sometimes ya gotta be blunt

Theyre not excuses Lyle I'm just being realistic here I have a steady job right now so I'm not going to jump into something that I know I wouldn't be good at and I'm trying to start my life here so I can't make less than I'm currently making which isn't even much

Also I should make it very clear that I'm not the type of person that will ever have a career. I'm looking for a job. One that won't make my life miserable.
Quote by GuitarGod_92

Theyre not excuses Lyle I'm just being realistic here I have a steady job right now so I'm not going to jump into something that I know I wouldn't be good at and I'm trying to start my life here so I can't make less than I'm currently making which isn't even much

Also I should make it very clear that I'm not the type of person that will ever have a career. I'm looking for a job. One that won't make my life miserable.

They are excuses. They look like excuses and sound like excuses so they are excuses. Believe me I know because I made a lot of excuses in the past. Once you stop making excuses and step out of your comfort zone, good things can happen. You gotta task risks in order to better yourself and make a more happy life.

I could use an answer too.

The only thing I'm good at in life is playing the guitar and tabbing but I don't know chords or scales or stuff and I want a career in the music industry that works around guitars what do, pit?
Quote by Joshua Garcia

The only thing I'm good at in life is playing the guitar and tabbing but I don't know chords or scales or stuff and I want a career in the music industry that works around guitars what do, pit?
Any music related career realistically requires multiple revenue streams. That means you're not doing just one thing. You're doing a whole bunch of things that each make some money individually to (hopefully) add up to a livable income.

What those things are is up to you. Music belongs in the creative industry... you gotta be creative and come up with your own niches...

Quote by EndTheRapture51
They are excuses. They look like excuses and sound like excuses so they are excuses. Believe me I know because I made a lot of excuses in the past. Once you stop making excuses and step out of your comfort zone, good things can happen. You gotta task risks in order to better yourself and make a more happy life.
Wow ETR saying something ok for once

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Lyle ffs me even looking for a new job is me taking a huge step outside of my comfort zone I'm doing more work than you realize maybe you just never noticed how broken I am
Quote by Joshua Garcia

Learn those things, then teach.
Learn basic setup skills, electronics and soldering (nothing very hard there) and do setups and repairs on electric guitars.
Musical instrument sales

In the right place you could probably do all 3 and make decent money.
Charles Darwin
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Lyle ffs me even looking for a new job is me taking a huge step outside of my comfort zone I'm doing more work than you realize maybe you just never noticed how broken I am

Instead of bathing in self-pity why don't you get off your ass and do something useful instead of bitching about pronouns on the internet.
Check out my band Disturbed
^ why are you so damn mad all the time jfc learn to relax

And that's coming from me

Quote by UltimateGuizar
Start your own gardening company, outside in the fresh air, being your own boss, learning new stuff, nature etc.

I'm genuinely considering park ranger or something like that which is kinda similar I guess I know nothing about how the job tho I'd have to Google it
Last edited by GuitarGod_92 at Mar 21, 2016,
Photocopy machine operator and university bookshop person. I don't know what category it falls under but if the woman who holds this position at our faculty got the job somehow you should be a more than acceptable candidate.

You have to do a big load of fuckall and you get to have random hour long lunch brakes in the most busy period of the day for no apparent reason.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by GuitarGod_92

I'm genuinely considering park ranger or something like that which is kinda similar I guess I know nothing about how the job tho I'd have to Google it

Not a job you'll likely get without a degree.
Charles Darwin
If you manage to get better at driving, I hear doing Uber full time is more profitable than working as a taxi driver
Quote by GuitarGod_92

I'm proud of you taking the first step, that's a lot further than a lot of people go

Next step is to widen the search. You can do a lot of things you just have to fufil your potential and start thinking outside of the box a bit more. Nothing is going to be comforting or easy the first time you think about it, that's any job that's not your own, but it's steps that any great person has to make.

Quote by GuitarGod_92

I ain't even mad. You ask for job advice, and when people give it you just explain why x won't work, y is too hard, and z is out of the question. Nothing in your life is gonna change by hosting a pity party.
Quote by Arby911
Not a job you'll likely get without a degree.

Oh ;_;
Fuk u nature

Quote by StewieSwan
I ain't even mad. You ask for job advice, and when people give it you just explain why x won't work, y is too hard, and z is out of the question. Nothing in your life is gonna change by hosting a pity party.

I've said I'm considering some of the suggestions tho
Like wtf I'm considering options here I'm not going to decide on the first thing you guys reccommend ya feel
Quote by The_Blode
^ I feel sorry for you now GG...I didn't know you were 'broken' because I thought you were a joker because of all the jabs you take at me...and well, you don't come across as that hun at all...do what you think is right...a job is a job in these tough times...don't let the degree thing hold you back though...don't listen to the naysayers here...my company doesn't employ based on degrees...they employ people...it's about people, not degrees...anybody can get a degree...there, I said it...you're not special since everybody can get it...what matters is your personality and experience...degree forms part of the experience...but does not consist of personality...but yeah, good luck in the search...

Thanks Blode
Sorry for the jabs
Make a hit pop song done.
Here's some ideas
Chords could be.... Hmm let me think.... C, F, G that sounds pretty neat now some lyrics.
I just wanna be something, I just wanna be something cool.....
I just wanna be something, I just wanna be something cool oh yeah baby.....
Repeat 22 times and done. Maybe on the bridge play the chords backwards and lyrics also.
🍗🎹🎶🎼🎧🎤🎮👾🎸🎨🎷⚽️🎱🏁🎺🎻🍮🍰🍪📱👻🐔🐣🐥🐤🐽🐷💀👽💩💸🚽👻
Last edited by Guitar137335 at Mar 21, 2016,
Be an ice road trucker
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Quote by UltimateGuizar
Maybe not park ranger but there's plenty of opportunities in that branch ( no pun intended).
I say look into it Sestra

around here the jobs are taken up by people with at least an AS or moving on to medical school, apparently

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Quote by Guitar137335
Make a hit pop song done.
Here's some ideas
Chords could be.... Hmm let me think.... C, F, G that sound pretty neat now some lyrics.
Repeat 22 times and done. Maybe on the bridge play the chords backwards and lyrics also.

You're under the false impression that I can play guitar even a little bit
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Oh ;_;
Fuk u nature

I've said I'm considering some of the suggestions tho
Like wtf I'm considering options here I'm not going to decide on the first thing you guys reccommend ya feel

Well, like, what are you good at? What interests you? Do you mind mundane, repetitive work?

My sister works in quality assurance for some software company. She makes decent money and works from home and all she does is sit around and look for typos, broken links, etc. all day. Maybe something like that would work for you?
Page 1 of 4