I've been jamming with two guys for awhile now, since August 2015. I play guitar. I jam with a drummer and bass player. We still need a singer if anybody in NJ is interested in classic heavy metal?

I have been jamming with the drummer for about a year before the bass player joined. The drummer was never very good but i jammed with him anyway just to have someone to jam with. I would always tell the drummer that he needed to get better and that his rhythm and timing was crappy. He would just tell me that I was the one that sucked and that we needed a bass player for proper rhythm.

In time I wrote original music and caught the attention of an old high school friend. He is traditionally a guitar player but agreed to play bass for us. He had to go out and buy a bass guitar/amp/cab.

The three of us have been jamming since. I have loads of original music that I wrote for us to play. The drummer still sucks. He still blames me for his bad rhythm even when the bass player agrees he's the weakest link. I tried to record a demo on an old tascam 8 track recorder. The drummer insisted I had to record first. I played my parts using a metronome and then my bass player played to my playing/metronome. Then the drummer played and he couldn't keep time for his life. It was awful. Then he blamed me and said again my rhythm was crap. I told him I used a metronome. He replied metronomes are machines and can't keep real time.

Naturally I would've booted him months ago. My problem is I'm in a catch 22. He happens to be my cousin and I don't want to create family problems. At the same time he is sinking the band.
boot the scrub
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
get a new amp
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by suk61 at #33889300

Naturally I would've booted him months ago. My problem is I'm in a catch 22. He happens to be my cousin and I don't want to create family problems. At the same time he is sinking the band.

Do what you have to do. He sounds like a real dick, so regardless of whether he's your cousin or not, don't play with him if it's not making you satisfied. It's okay to not be on the best terms with every single person in your family, especially cousins who aren't blood related. Just be straight with him, tell him you want to try playing with another drummer. You can still jam with him, but it sounds like he's not going to work for a band. If he gets pissed about that, he's not worth your time.
Last edited by MeGaDeth2314 at Mar 21, 2016,
My advice is to learn what catch 22 means.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
My advice is to learn what catch 22 means.

??? ok.
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
Do what you have to do. He sounds like a real dick, so regardless of whether he's your cousin or not, don't play with him if it's not making you satisfied. It's okay to not be on the best terms with every single person in your family, especially cousins who aren't blood related. Just be straight with him, tell him you want to try playing with another drummer. You can still jam with him, but it sounds like he's not going to work for a band. If he gets pissed about that, he's not worth your time.

Yea, I'm gonna have to boot him if this band is gonna be serious.
Boot him out of the band and your family, that way he can create no more problems for anyone
I have nothing important to say
ah band drama

it's my entire life now
"Being honest may not get you a lot of friends, but it'll always get you the right ones."
Stop saying jam so much. Seriously it's distracting
Originally posted by Joshua Garcia
I just come here to dick around.
And maybe occasionally wave my dick around.

My D is major
If you're gonna win the battle of the bands you have to kick him out and get the really good douchebag drummer from the other high school.