Page 1 of 7
Apparently Nigel Farage is in Brussels.

Sadly it's unlikely he's been killed.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
It's a shame this has happened probably as a result of Belgium having to do most of the heavy lifting on trying to catch the Paris guys.

This is just such a shit situation though.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

If a particular group claims responsibility, I wouldn't be surprised if it was for "retaliation" for the apprehension of what's-his-name from the Paris attacks.
My God, it's full of stars!
Yeah the timing seems very appropriate

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by Dreadnought
If a particular group claims responsibility, I wouldn't be surprised if it was for "retaliation" for the apprehension of what's-his-name from the Paris attacks.

Yeah. Although Belgium was expected to be the next target ever since Paris, which stands to reason.

Fuck this, man..
Quote by sam b

this is crazy, I bought a bag of pretzels at a duty free shop they showed. I haven't been this close to terrorism since I was 50 miles away from the WTC on 9/11

my friend lives in Toulouse, she said you can't go into town now without seeing armoured police. life on the continent is about to get much more interesting
"IS claim responsibilty"

No shit, I thought they were just some self imploding Belgians going about their day
Quote by genghisgandhi
people already using this as a Brexit campaign tool, ugh

It makes sense though. Not necessarily their argument (I know nothing about it), but the connection.

These attacks are inherently wrapped up in politics. It's impossible (and meaningless) to try to separate the politics from attacks like this and just "focus on the tragedy."

Quote by sam b
Swear the guy on the right was wanted for the Paris attacks. I'm sure I've seen that face before

terrorists all start to look the same
inb4 'the religion of peace' and the peasants in this god forsaken country moaning about the refugees

proper awful tho. im glad franc got his ass out of belgium before all of this.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Pretty depressing news to wake up to

inb4 the media says they weren't real muslims when it turns out they were muslim
I have nothing important to say
Quote by JackSaints

inb4 the media says they weren't real muslims when it turns out they were muslim

what the hell are you waking up at 11 for

people who still think ISIS are doing this as some sort of religious crusade are being wilfully ignorant at this point. islam has nothing to do with this
Quote by JackSaints

Not ALL Muslims are Terrorists, But ALL Terrorists ARE Muslims!!!1
1 like = 1 respek
Quote by genghisgandhi

people who still think ISIS are doing this as some sort of religious crusade are being wilfully ignorant at this point. islam has nothing to do with this

10:30 actually
I currently have no reason to get up anytime before

I don't think ISIS are strictly acting on religious grounds but the fact that their very name contains the word "Islamic" and they way they love their sharia law suggests that religion is a factor

And you don't seem hear people saying Westboro Baptist Church and the KKK aren't real christians. I know you can't really compare them to ISIS but it's still a valid point.
I have nothing important to say
Quote by JamSessionFreak
inb4 'the religion of peace' and the peasants in this god forsaken country moaning about the refugees

proper awful tho. im glad franc got his ass out of belgium before all of this.

Ah so he's out. That's good
Quote by JackSaints
10:30 actually
I currently have no reason to get up anytime before

I don't think ISIS are strictly acting on religious grounds but the fact that their very name contains the word "Islamic" and they way they love their sharia law suggests that religion is a factor

And you don't seem hear people saying Westboro Baptist Church and the KKK aren't real christians. I know you can't really compare them to ISIS but it's still a valid point.

WBC actually believe what they're preaching so they don't compare well.

the KKK is a better comparison (like, interwar era KKK. not today's shitty rebrand), they used protestanism a pawn to get to a political goal - the maintenance of segregation. ISIS are using islam in the same way. they don't actually believe any of that bullshit, at least the ones pulling the strings don't. the guys setting off the bombs prob do
Quote by genghisgandhi

The fact that people still refuse to believe in the faith of ISIL is astounding to me.

Why is it so hard to digest?
Honestly you can't discuss IS without religion. Not all Muslims are terrorists, but ignoring the religious aspect of the whole IS crisis would be like ignoring the economic aspects of Hitler's rise to power.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by Dreadnought
The fact that people still refuse to believe in the faith of ISIL is astounding to me.

Yeah this. Faith and belief in something is a factor that is hard to measure, but having had a bit of experience dealing with similar fundamentalist groups I can say that it is a massive and truly self involved faith system that these people have ingrained in themselves. Definitely not something to take lightly or discount. Maybe not every member of this brainwashed group of murderers is a true believer, but faith for them damn sure is a serious thing.
Quote by Dreadnought

REAL Muslims wouldn't blow themselves up. They just live "peacefully" in theocratic regimes.

Can we just admit that Islam is bad already? Until it undergoes a huge reformation it's gonna be stuck in the Middle Ages.

"Every day I wonder how many things I am dead wrong about."
Quote by Dreadnought

Yes, the faith component is significant, but at it's heart it's a political ideology wrapped in a religion container. The reference to the KKK earlier was very much on point.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Yes, the faith component is significant, but at it's heart it's a political ideology wrapped in a religion container. The reference to the KKK earlier was very much on point.

Agree with this. I guess from my experience when i talk about faith in this context, its not so much faith in the general Islamic belief system, but their faith in their own politically corrupted version of that faith.
Quote by Dreadnought

I think this is the second thing I've agreed with you on today. This leaves me scared and confused as I almost never agree with you.
According to what we know about them (I'm referencing this: http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/03/what-isis-really-wants/384980/) ISIS folks are extremely devout, though not representative of the actions and beliefs of others who also describe themselves as Muslim.

I don't know why that statement's difficult to comprehend or accept for so many people. It has two parts to it, max.
Is there not a religion thread? I just came here to see any more updates and all I see is stuff about islam and ISIL
It feels like terrorist attacks for Europe are becoming what mass shootings are for the US.
ظ ض ذ خ ث ت ش ر ق ص ف
🍗🎹🎶🎼🎧🎤🎮👾🎸🎨🎷⚽️🎱🏁🎺🎻🍮🍰🍪📱👻🐔🐣🐥🐤🐽🐷💀👽💩💸🚽👻
Last edited by Guitar137335 at Mar 22, 2016,
Quote by WaterGod
It feels like terrorist attacks for Europe are becoming what mass shootings are for the US.

It's gotten to the same level of acceptance as mass shooting in the US.

With the mass shootings, you just expect it to be some white weirdo that somehow slipped through the cracks and was able to obtain one or several guns before going on a massacre.

With the bombings in Europe, you just expect it to be Muslims that probably were vocal on social media, but were never watched close enough until them and few buddies decide to blow themselves up.

The sad part is that we are still a bit shocked when we see the mass shooter's faces, and the lives they lived leading up to the attack, yet we aren't the least bit surprised when we see and hear about the terrorists.
Quote by Arby911

That should go without saying but there is a lot of chatter that doesn't acknowledge the mix of things that go into "creating" a terrorist. The other big aspect that I feel doesn't get talked about is how little economic advancement Muslim groups have in many European countries and that can be a predictor for all sorts of deviant behavior. There just seems to be a readily ignited mix swirling about Europe right now.

"Every day I wonder how many things I am dead wrong about."
A lot of people in this thread need to go back to Reddit.

Terrible news, apparently officials found a lot of undetonated explosives. Scary stuff.
ggg1 ggg3