Ok so, i play for a percussion ensemble and i use my fender jaguar classic player through a fender champ 100 and i use live wire cables. Every once in a while my jag starts this static noise that sounds when my hands are not tounching the guitar. changing the pickup controls does not fix it. However, if i touch any of the strings, the bottom or top metal plate, or a screw near the pickups, it stops. If i touch the pickup it becomes very loud. I took the cable out and when i toughed the metal on it the static became unbearably loud. The cable is nearly new. Any suggestions on stopping this hum??
you likely have a bad ground. possibly the strings aren't grounded, if so it is a quick and easy fix.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
+1 ground issue. if its not a hurry, next time you change strings.. open up the electronics cavity and check the shielding (shielding paint needs to paint even, or if you prefer copper tape), check the ground wires from all metal surface. i suspect the ground wire coming from the bridge is loose.
I have Washburn guitars 'Maverick Series' and bass 'Bantam Series' and a few pedals and amps, but man I wish to have more patience and drive practicing my playing, if it's equal to the modding itch, then I'm golden.