Hi! I want to buy a new guitar which is a little bit faster than the Fender Telecaster Standard I own. I play everything from Metal, Rock, Grunge to Jazz. The guitars I'm currently choosing between is: Chapman ML-3 RC, Chapman ML-3 Modern and Esp Ltd 1000-EC.
or Chapman ML1, you could always have twin rail or cool rails installed of single coils.
I have Washburn guitars 'Maverick Series' and bass 'Bantam Series' and a few pedals and amps, but man I wish to have more patience and drive practicing my playing, if it's equal to the modding itch, then I'm golden.
I love the ESP LTD EC-1000. It's playability and tuning stability are top notch. It can of course do metal, and its cleans can do jazz as well as any solid body. However if you are looking for classic rock 'crunch' tones, the sort of overdriven, but not distorted sounds you hear on blues rock records, it is not your best bet.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
My vote goes to Ltd EC-1000 (with EMG if you want a real Metal machine or with Seymour Duncan if you want more versatile sound)
'12 Gibson '58 Re-issue
'14 Fender American Special Stratocaster
'14 Squier Classic Vibe 50's Telecaster
'05 Ibanez RG320FM (With Upgrades)
Laney IRT Studio (IRT112 Cab)
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
BOSS GT-8
Yes, I'm very interested in the EC-1000. I would have bought one instantly if it wasn't for the colours and how it looks. They are so shiny golden and fancy-looking .. I like my guitars simple-looking - like the Chapmans.
I mean if you want a guitar that'll do a ton of different genres, be sure you don't get something with EMGs. They pretty much only do metal well.

I would personally say get the EC-1000, but get one with Seymour Duncans.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.