So i just got this crusier stratocaster guitar, and a fender mustang amp and almost all the settings on it sounds like absolute shit, besides clean, and im not talking like a weird tone or anything im talking about the mushyness of the notes when played together, this is me strumming a few strings and playing random chords just to show what it sounds like.

Also, theres an obscene amount of fuzzy noise coming from the amp, which is a whole other problem. -_-

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1JBRQQPGRXs < The audio recording
Sounds about like my old Squire Strat through my Mustang on most settings... Most of the presets are pretty unusable unless you are a master of palm muting. You can dial in some good sounds manually and save them though.
Quote by PeterBradley
Sounds about like my old Squire Strat through my Mustang on most settings... Most of the presets are pretty unusable unless you are a master of palm muting. You can dial in some good sounds manually and save them though.

I had the same problem with the mustang. I swapped it for a line 6 years ago which seemed more controllable but I never really got rid of that muddy sound though until I dropped a few hundred on a tube amp and better pickups.

That hum sounds like regular single coil noise. If you have money leftover you could get some single-coil-size humbuckers. That would probably help with the muddiness a lot too.