Long story short, for the better part of a decade, I've been using .11 strings, but I decided to go down to .10 a few months ago. Because I'm used to stiffer strings that require more effort, I end up pushing too hard on the new strings and going sharp, especially on chords. Are there any exercises I can do to rewrite my muscle memory to be less forceful?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
You may be best off taking any exercise you know and adapting it to be about lightening your touch. I never really played with a heavy hand before, but in trying to further refine my technique I had some success with just a simple four fret in a row chromatic exercise.

The main part was for me to specifically concentrate and go very slowly using just enough pressure to get the note to sound clearly. It really doesn't take much.

I think that no matter what you play with scales or chords, if you specifically target lightening how you play that will do it. Like you say it's about reprogramming your muscle memory, so you have to be slow and precise for a while before you can do it naturally.
Quote by necrosis1193
Long story short, for the better part of a decade, I've been using .11 strings, but I decided to go down to .10 a few months ago. Because I'm used to stiffer strings that require more effort, I end up pushing too hard on the new strings and going sharp, especially on chords. Are there any exercises I can do to rewrite my muscle memory to be less forceful?

Try just playing one note and keep reducing the pressure until the note chokes. Then go back a notch to sound it cleanly. You'll soon see ho wlittle you need. And consciously try this on different strings, then try short runs, chords etc.