somedays i do not bother looking in gg&a or tgp because i am too mentally drained

the pit requires very little mental effort though. we had a kinda rough practice tonight as i often perceive them when i am directing, so i really just feel beside myself.

wbu? what do you do when you are mentally drained to relax and go numb? i am about to watch some yt videos and fall asleep.
Last edited by Will Lane at Mar 23, 2016,
GG&A isn't mentally taxing, and that's exactly why I don't go there. It's literally one of these few things:
  • NGD/NAD or something,
  • some shmuck asking about amps and Cathbard suggesting the Randall RM100, and the rest suggesting a Peavey 6505/5150, or a Jet City,
  • "tone is all in yr fingers~."
Free Ali
Free Lard
it looks like you are the one that is not smart
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by chrismendiola at #33892424
GG&A isn't mentally taxing, and that's exactly why I don't go there. It's literally one of these few things:
  • NGD/NAD or something,
  • some shmuck asking about amps and Cathbard suggesting the Randall RM100, and the rest suggesting a Peavey 6505/5150, or a Jet City,

true everyone knows the a boosted jcm 800 2204 is the best amp ever. why even suggest anything else?
Quote by chrismendiola at #33892424
  • NGD/NAD or something,

Also:

• Is this shitty guitar I bought any good?

Maybe you should've fucking asked before you bought it

• Do tone woods matter?

There's about 25 years worth of fucking threads here that discuss that shit.

• Are these 300 dollar Les Pauls with the wonkey TRC that I want to order from a shady chinese website real?

No, but my hate for you is

• I want a new guitar/amp/pedal. What's good? PS I'm not gonna give you a budget, my location, the kind of music I play, the gear I have now and if I'm playing with a band or not

I guess I'll suggest you some 35k custom guitar rig since you didnt really give me sweet fuck all to be able to help you

Nice yope post Will.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Way Cool JR.
You are one of those people on that list (at least mine anyways).

I dont know why you edited your post. The first one was perfectly fine and Im sure people would agree
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Tbf the explaination was less harsh so thats why I mentioned it.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I think his point is considering the amount of time youve been learning this stuff you shouldnt be so exasperated cause you still have a ton to learn as well.

You cant say you havent asked dumb questions recently. You cant say you dont realize what youre doing either cause you totally just deleted a post in a gg&a thread for whatever reason.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by Way Cool JR.
I already edited it again
I just didn't want to come off to harshly.

But here we go. My OP:
I kind of feel bad for saying it, but I have that feeling about you. You just started learning about all this stuff not to long ago around here and you already act like you know everything. The worst part is you act above anyone that thinks or knows differently than what you believe and what you may think you know. You're basically molding into a snob. I'm sure you're a cool person IRL but IMHO you kind of come across as an ass around here sometimes. Sorry but I had to say it, there is time to change though.
In particular are you thinking about this thread? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1698733

I do not know how much more "snob"-less I could have made my statements. I always try (with varying success as you can see) to cultivate a sense of relativity and generalization, to not make absolute "agree with me or you're wrong" statements. I used "Absolutely not!" because both your statement and Rickholly's was absolute, and convoluted TS' issue.

If that sense is not conveyed through my posts, then let it be known that it is intended.
Quote by Way Cool JR.
you kind of come across as an ass around here sometimes.
And you just deleted one again and i look like a double poster
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I think his point is considering the amount of time youve been learning this stuff you shouldnt be so exasperated cause you still have a ton to learn as well.

You cant say you havent asked dumb questions recently. You cant say you dont realize what youre doing either cause you totally just deleted a post in a gg&a thread for whatever reason.
I am confused who your audience is for this post. I think both of us.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
And you just deleted one again and i look like a double poster
Apologies, I deleted my response because I forgot to add something.
Quote by Will Lane
I am confused who your audience is for this post. I think both of us.Apologies, I deleted my response because I forgot to add something.

Its directed to you man.

You couldve edited your post. Didnt have to delete it.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by Will Lane
no it is mentally exhausting because people are sometimes not smart. well that could be said for any field. i would elaborate but i am too exhausted to care or think properly.

don't worry at least there's always me in there
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by chrismendiola
  • NGD/NAD or something,

Roc gave me a warning one time for "going off topic" but it was really because I said that edge-of-breakup tube tones are lame. Cathbard hates me and I don't give a shit because he's some old geezer that wants to deny technological advances, opting to age old myths follow his "golden ears" that don't work half as well as he wants to believe.

Otherwise most of the people there are alright but still need to get past the old myths about gear and need to realize that 6505s sound like garbage.

MT used to really suck as well anf the mods were trash but it has gotten a lot better in the last year and the mods are fine now. I don't have much faith in improvements in GG&A though. People just don't want to be open minded and want to circle jerk with their opinions on gear that they probably don't have experience with in half the cases.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Mar 24, 2016,
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Its directed to you man.

You couldve edited your post. Didnt have to delete it.
Okay. I was in the middle of editing it but I decided to take it down so that they would not see it before I completely finished with it.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Yeah, of course I still have learning to do- we all do. I remember I made some really dumb, out-of-place statements when I first started and I am sure I still do. I have been trying to avoid "coming across as an ass" irl and on the internet. It is pretty easy to embrace, avoiding it is difficult. And no, I cannot say I am above anyone or that I ask/do/state dumb things- and I am not saying that, either. But if I disagree with a statement, and it is relevant to state my argument, I will do so.

I deleted that post in GG&A because I realized I was speaking out of turn, with little experience, and not contributing to the discussion.

And if it is anything, my OP here was posted from experiences of posts like these, not disagreements about SS/Tubes
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Also:

• Is this shitty guitar I bought any good?

Maybe you should've fucking asked before you bought it

• Do tone woods matter?

There's about 25 years worth of fucking threads here that discuss that shit.

• Are these 300 dollar Les Pauls with the wonkey TRC that I want to order from a shady chinese website real?

No, but my hate for you is

• I want a new guitar/amp/pedal. What's good? PS I'm not gonna give you a budget, my location, the kind of music I play, the gear I have now and if I'm playing with a band or not

I guess I'll suggest you some 35k custom guitar rig since you didnt really give me sweet fuck all to be able to help you
Last edited by Will Lane at Mar 24, 2016,
Quote by Will Lane
Okay. I was in the middle of editing it but I decided to take it down so that they would not see it before I completely finished with it.Yeah, of course I still have learning to do- we all do. I remember I made some really dumb, out-of-place statements when I first started and I am sure I still do. I have been trying to avoid "coming across as an ass" irl and on the internet. It is pretty easy to embrace, avoiding it is difficult.

I deleted that post in GG&A because I realized I was speaking out of turn, with little experience, and not contributing to the discussion.

Thats good man. But I mean nobody is forcing you to post in every thread so if you start getting annoyed then let other people deal with it. Answer questions you want to and ignore the rest. I know youre probably thinking it doesnt mean shit from me cause Im snarky as fuck in GGA but do you really want to be an ass like me?

Im not trying to pick on you either, and Im sure you can throw back that shit at me but at the end of the day I dont pretend im not an asshole.

And I agree with you Will that people can be annoying but youre better than that. Dont let little shit like inexperience put you off because if everybody fucked off if an idiot popped up in GGA nobody would post anymore.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Thats good man. But I mean nobody is forcing you to post in every thread so if you start getting annoyed then let other people deal with it. Answer questions you want to and ignore the rest. I know youre probably thinking it doesnt mean shit from me cause Im snarky as fuck in GGA but do you really want to be an ass like me?

Im not trying to pick on you either, and Im sure you can throw back that shit at me but at the end of the day I dont pretend im not an asshole.

And I agree with you Will that people can be annoying but youre better than that. Dont let little shit like inexperience put you off because if everybody fucked off if an idiot popped up in GGA nobody would post anymore.
Yeah man no worries. I have just continually tried to cultivate that sense of relativity through text communication and when it does not work, either from my efforts, the responder's efforts, or anything in between, it is frustrating.
Quote by Will Lane
Yeah man no worries. I have just continually tried to cultivate that sense of relativity through text communication and when it does not work, either from my efforts, the responder's efforts, or anything in between, it is frustrating.

Hey Will, I totally get it because I used to do the same thing.

I will tell you though, you will feel much better taking a step back, contributing when you can and helping out versus getting mad at an idiot and troll the piss out of him.

I mean it may seem satisfying but 30 minutes later youll look back at that post and think "man im a dick" and you wont be happy with that post.

You love guitars man, dont lose sight of that and help people that want to be helped. Dont focus on the morons you know? Like you said they are everywhere so might as well deal with it now

Leave the snark for bitter blues hacks like me
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Mar 24, 2016,
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Hey Will, I totally get it because I used to do the same thing.

I will tell you though, you will feel much better taking a step back, contributing when you can and helping out versus getting mad at an idiot and troll the piss out of him.

I mean it may seem satisfying but 30 minutes later youll look back at that post and think "man im a dick" and you wont be happy with that post.

You love guitars man, dont lose sight of that and help people that want to be helped. Dont focus on the morons you know? Like you said they are everywhere so might as well deal with it now

Leave the snark for bitter blues hacks like me
Thanks man, that is both enlightening and encouraging. Except I work at a music store, it is my job to deal with ridiculously inexperienced people daily...

Let me also say that I do not view and I do not think you are referring to WayCool and/or RickHolly as one of those idiots that I should not waste my time with debating. If we disagree I will state my argument against yours, and one of us will be right, we both will be right, or neither of us will. And maybe the winning argument will not be decided. And that is okay. And if I am viewed as an ass or elitist, then okay- I'll try better next time to not be seen as such.
Quote by Will Lane at #33893199
Thanks man, that is both enlightening and encouraging. Except I work at a music store, it is my job to deal with ridiculously inexperienced people daily...

Let me also say that I do not view and I do not think you are referring to WayCool and/or RickHolly as one of those idiots that I should not waste my time with debating. If we disagree I will state my argument against yours, and one of us will be right, we both will be right, or neither of us will. And maybe the winning argument will not be decided. And that is okay. And if I am viewed as an ass or elitist, then okay- I'll try better next time to not be seen as such.

I wasn't really talking about Rick or Waycool cause they have their own opinions (even though I'm not gonna lie, I lean more towards your thinking than theirs on SS amps) but I agree with your assessment.

But yeah, working at a guitar store, you run into those issues so I can see why you get frustrated. Just remember that we all had to start somewhere and even the most annoying and frustrating fool might turn into somebody that at least knows a little tiny bit about guitars (like me)

Just keep an open mind, always be willing to learn (no matter the person) and build up that database. You're gonna get frustrated (everybody does) but there is no reason for you to lash out and make it worse. You're a smart dude, I think a lot of people like you so just chill a bit, open them ears up and then spread that knowledge.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
But yeah, working at a guitar store, you run into those issues so I can see why you get frustrated. Just remember that we all had to start somewhere and even the most annoying and frustrating fool might turn into somebody that at least knows a little tiny bit about guitars (like me)
Yeah of course! If you remember my "I found my old account" thread (which was dumb in of itself), I referenced this: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=798036
Quote by Will Lane at #33893238
Yeah of course! If you remember my "I found my old account" thread, I posted this: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=798036

Pfft, that's tame. Go back and see my posts from like 2007 and you'll see you aren't too bad.

I thought I knew the fucking world. Really though I didn't know if I should shit or wind my watch.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by sashki at #33893292
GG&A is a rich man's game. If you don't buy new guitars every week and then send them back a week later, you're not welcome.

Anyway, can someone recommend me a metal amp for $300?

6505 combo

Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
This is how I feel about musician talk everyday

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by theogonia777
Roc gave me a warning one time for "going off topic" but it was really because I said that edge-of-breakup tube tones are lame. Cathbard hates me and I don't give a shit because he's some old geezer that wants to deny technological advances, opting to age old myths follow his "golden ears" that don't work half as well as he wants to believe.

Otherwise most of the people there are alright but still need to get past the old myths about gear and need to realize that 6505s sound like garbage.

MT used to really suck as well anf the mods were trash but it has gotten a lot better in the last year and the mods are fine now. I don't have much faith in improvements in GG&A though. People just don't want to be open minded and want to circle jerk with their opinions on gear that they probably don't have experience with in half the cases.

everyone is entitled to their own opinion no matter how stupid or wrong. Cathbard doesn't deny technology at all if you actually take the time to really read what he says. "golden ears" or not us old geezers have way more time in getting good tones. 6505's may not be to your liking however many bands successfully get great sounds out of them. i believe you'll find a fair amount of name producers that like them as well. so you're right and they are all wrong then?

while many dismiss you out of hand i think it's fairly clear that you are a bright person. you are rather guilty of coming off as a holier than thou type though. i think that you will find that people will respect your opinions on gear if they are presented in an intelligent way. if you think you have a better idea or option than is being presented then don't be shy break out.
No surprise, there's a lot of unfriendliness around this place and the subforums.

Some people even value it.

It's pretty bizarre.
My God, it's full of stars!
reading the internet is mentally draining for me. If I wasn't waiting for my rice to cook i'd take a nap rn

but since I can't do that I will skype my friends/family for a couple hrs after dinner and then watch reality tv and read a book before bed
cat
Quote by chrismendiola
  • NGD/NAD or something,

Stay in the ONLY threads, man. That's where EG and GG&A get their value.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER