I have been listening to different metals and find some really catchy song and it needs a 7 String (I know I can just tune a 6 string down to drop B) But I felt like once in my life time I should get a 7 String
I got 400$ budget (I know its not that much)
I am willing to go new but if there's a nice used 7 string it will be another choice but I am thinking mainly going with new
I don't really know that much of a 7 string I just want a cheap decent 7 strings for its price passive pups is another one I should mention that I already got both Active and Passive 6 strings already but if there's a 7 strings that got a powerful passive in it should be really great.
i'm currently looking at
-Ibanez GRG7221
-LTD M-17
-Schecter C-7 Deluxe
Thank you
Last edited by joseph24 at Mar 24, 2016,
Id take the Schecter, simply because it has a longer scale length. I have a jackson with the same scale length and its much nicer to play than my 25.5" 6 strings tuned to B. The ibanez gio series arent really great guitars from my experience, so i wouldnt take that, but i have no experience with other two companies low end guitars.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
I'd go for a Legator, they do some amazing guitars for the money in your price range as well, or the Schecter Deluxe, but on the used market, you could be a lot better off with some quality Ibanez guitars showing their heads as well as couple of other brands.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

I have the Ibanez GRG 7221 you mentioned and as far as the neck, fretwork and hardware is concerned it is a pretty good guitar for the price.

The electronics are pretty shit however and it could really benefit from a pickup swap and all new wiring, pots and switch.
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Squier Stratocaster (modified)
Harley Benton CLD-41S (Acoustic)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb
Are you in the US? If so look at Agile.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
I picked up a Schecter Damien Elite 7 in metallic black with really nice abalone gothic cross inlays and binding on the body EMG 81/85, Grover tuners Graphtech nut, string through hardtail it has 26.5 scale.

I wanted a seven string but didn't want to pay big bucks for one as I am really a six string guy.

I got Damien in mint condition for $300 used and it satisifies my needs for a 7 and then some, it is a very good axe for the money, and plenty of nice used ones around.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Apr 6, 2016,
I'd go with an Ibanez RG7321, good modding platform. I am a huge fan of my Schecter, but to be honest its the only schecter I have played that I liked.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13