Hi
I am new here also new with a guitar I need Advice for setting up my guitar amp for :
Nothing Else matters so maybe someone will share it

I have Vypyr Vip 2 amp, i check on official site but there is nothing in presets section for that solo

Also when someone have site with presets it woudl be great thx in advice 9
It's most likely a clean Mesa Rectifier with a little overdrive and chorus. Start with the 5150 model, and put some overdrive on it (like a tubescreamer) and add a chorus effect.
I don't have a Vypyr, so I can't be more specific. Start there, though.

EDIT: It will never sound exactly like the studio track. There's a lot of magic in there (overdubs, several tracks, lots of eq and mixing, mastering, etc) but you should be able to get something close.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Last edited by ryanbwags at Mar 24, 2016,
Quote by ryanbwags
It's most likely a clean Mesa Rectifier with a little overdrive and chorus. Start with the 5150 model, and put some overdrive on it (like a tubescreamer) and add a chorus effect.
I don't have a Vypyr, so I can't be more specific. Start there, though.

EDIT: It will never sound exactly like the studio track. There's a lot of magic in there (overdubs, several tracks, lots of eq and mixing, mastering, etc) but you should be able to get something close.

Pretty sure they werent using rectos in the Black Album era and pretty sure they used to do cleans on a JC-120. Leads were either an ADA MP-1 or a Mark IV. Been a while since Ive been into Metallica though so Im probably off.

OP just set a clean setting and put a chorus on for cleans. For the solo, maybe pick a moderate gain amp model and use the neck pickup. Youll be close to the live tone.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Pretty sure they werent using rectos in the Black Album era and pretty sure they used to do cleans on a JC-120. Leads were either an ADA MP-1 or a Mark IV. Been a while since Ive been into Metallica though so Im probably off.

OP just set a clean setting and put a chorus on for cleans. For the solo, maybe pick a moderate gain amp model and use the neck pickup. Youll be close to the live tone.

I thought that was the last album for the Mesas, but yeah, Het was using a Jazz Chorus by then. Now I'm going to have to go look again. Oh well, slow day anyhow.
Quote by ryanbwags
I thought that was the last album for the Mesas, but yeah, Het was using a Jazz Chorus by then. Now I'm going to have to go look again. Oh well, slow day anyhow.

Do you mean they used rectos before the black album? Because Rectos came out in like 1992 IIRC so that would be impossible.

IIRC their amps go Marshalls for the first 2 (KEA RTL), Mesa MK II C+ for the next 2 (MOP AJFA) and then for Black it was (MK IVs). I think the JC120 came in around MOP.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
No, you're right. I got my Mesas mixed up. I thought you were talking about the switch to Diezels. That was St Anger timeframe.
wont come anywhere close with that amp. just tweak it around until you find something you like.
Squier Vintage Modified 1970s Stratocaster.
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A