Holy fuck. I couldnt speak a single word in last two days. I literally dont have a voice anymore.

The most annoying thing about it is that I only have very mild fatigue, no fever at all. I feel almost completely fine except having trouble communicating with people and stupid sore throat.

This is the most annoying illness ever.

Also I feel bad for mute people.

edit: Also RIP my 30 octave vocal range
Quote by arcanom
Mint and chocolate shouldnt be togather.
"Literally Worst Post of 2k16" approved by After Eight Lovers...
I don't think I have laryngitis, but thanks to my being sick, my throat got pretty beat up by all the vomiting. Worst part is, that's been 5 days ago now, and I'm still hoarse.

I think I picked some other illness along the way, though, and I have some sinus drainage.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by arcanom
I know, right?!? It's right up there with cancer.
Quote by eGraham
I don't think I have laryngitis, but thanks to my being sick, my throat got pretty beat up by all the vomiting. Worst part is, that's been 5 days ago now, and I'm still hoarse.

I think I picked some other illness along the way, though, and I have some sinus drainage.

Going back about 9/10 years, I had shingles. Because it popped up in just the wrong nerves, half my vocal chords were (temporarily) paralysed and I couldn't speak above a whisper for about 3 months.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Whoa, that's rough. I bet that's pretty worrisome, too, wondering if it'll ever end.

Luckily I'm not experiencing anything as severe, but it's still a pain in the ass.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Laryngitis sucks, hope you get your voice back soon! I used to get it a lot when I smoked. I agree it's super annoying
cat
Quote by guitarxo
Laryngitis sucks, hope you get your voice back soon! I used to get it a lot when I smoked. I agree it's super annoying

thanks! Im slowly getting my voice back. Started to antibiotics today. Also using all that sprays and stuff. Tried some water-steam breathing and it kinda helped.
Quote by arcanom
Mint and chocolate shouldnt be togather.
"Literally Worst Post of 2k16" approved by After Eight Lovers...
I've never lost my voice but I've always wanted to. My sister is prone to that kinda stuff though so just take it easy and put honey in your tea
Larry n gitis
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by arcanom
Holy fuck. I couldnt speak a single word in last two days. I literally dont have a voice anymore.

The most annoying thing about it is that I only have very mild fatigue, no fever at all. I feel almost completely fine except having trouble communicating with people and stupid sore throat.

Also I feel bad for mute people.

edit: Also RIP my 30 octave vocal range

Yep, stuff is going around. I caught that respiratory flu in Feb. with fits of coughing that wiped out my voice for weeks. It is still not completely recovered so I contacted a vocal coach here in LA and he suggested some exercises to restore range and control in my singing voice. I definitely did some damage but things are coming back now. I have a gig next week with a lot of vocal harmonies so hopefully we will be good to go.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
I got slammed a few days ago, still getting over it. It's a flu type thing, possibly bronchitis. Everybody is getting it out here.
coming from a former smoker, bronchitis is nasty shit. i coughed up colors i never thought my body could even produce
Man, what a pain in the neck.
"The definition of a gentleman is someone who can play the bagpipes, and doesn't."
Post a video of you trying to sing through the pain, post another video (if you have any) of you singing pre-illness. You could put Sia over it and say you're trying to raise awareness, get a few quid