Ibanez JS100 or ESP Ltd MH-103 QM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello ladies and gents, both low end ish guitars but love JS as a musician however all the write ups and reviews would lead me to the ESP as the better guitar

any good quality feedback welcome, anyone seen played or owned one of these?

thanks in advance

Mark
are you getting them new? the js100 (at least here in the UK/Ireland) isn't much less than a prestige usually, and the prestige is the way to go.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by markeverest28
Ibanez JS100 or ESP Ltd MH-103 QM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello ladies and gents, both low end ish guitars but love JS as a musician however all the write ups and reviews would lead me to the ESP as the better guitar

any good quality feedback welcome, anyone seen played or owned one of these?

thanks in advance

Mark

I guess I'd have to play them both. If I could get a Les Paul sound out of an Ibanez S series body then I'd quit buying guitars.
Quote by batnip
I guess I'd have to play them both. If I could get a Les Paul sound out of an Ibanez S series body then I'd quit buying guitars.

We all promise ourselves and our significant others that we're through buying guitars. But it's never a promise you can keep.

Get a Prestige. It'll blow a JS100 out of the water.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
We all promise ourselves and our significant others that we're through buying guitars. But it's never a promise you can keep.

Get a Prestige. It'll blow a JS100 out of the water.

LOL 14 and counting my hasn't killed me yet!

+1 for the prestige!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by Dave_Mc
are you getting them new? the js100 (at least here in the UK/Ireland) isn't much less than a prestige usually, and the prestige is the way to go.

Both new and used just about any prestige will be double the cost of a JS100
not in the UK I don't think. The js100 seems to have been discontinued, but the js140 (which is directly equivalent, I assume, except with 24 frets and the neck single coil-sized humbucker) is £650, and GAK has an rg655 (ex-demo, admittedly) for £800, and also another rg655 for £800 which is available to order (though you may well find if you ask them about ordering that it's actually not available, I wouldn't want to be sure they'd honour that price until I checked with them).

the prices seem to have gone up since the last time i looked
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?