I was thinking about doing a custom iceman, starting with a kit and doing my own Zakk Wylde style design- something simple, like stripes or circles. Does anyone know a good kit that will have decent hardware & tuners and have all of the spots routed already? I'd like to make sure the body is bound as well.
eBay? They have lots of kits available, can't vouch for the quality tho
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Iceman kits are going to be tough to find. Most kits are the big 3 (Strat, tele or LP).

https://guitarkitworld.com/product/6-string-guitar-kits/ice-guitar-kit/

This kit has tons of customization options. No binding, though. Most kits are going to come with OK to Good hardware. You may need to upgrade them yourself at some point, and maybe add some name brand pickups. I will say I had a Telecaster kit from Saga (look on ebay) and it turned out very nice. I added a genuine fender pickup set to it, and played it for years.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
I will also add: If you're going to paint it, make sure the kit has sanding sealer on it, or something similar. Some kits come completely unfinished. Open grains on some woods will suck up all your paint and leave a nice, raised woodgrain pattern on your guitar.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
If you plan to do something like this, you need to lots and lots of research beforehand on the principles of building guitars so that you know what you're going up against before making a commitment to buying anything.

I think what Ryan has linked is about as close as you're going to get to buying an Iceman kit online.

I'd also bear in mind that the hardware and electronics that come with a lot of these kits are very cheaply made and I recommend that you change them. I'd really appreciate it if the manufacturers of these kits gave you the option to just buy the body and the neck without any of the hardware. Or at least, give you the option to bundle brand name hardware with the kit.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
In all honesty, you would be MUCH better off buying a used iceman and refinishing it. Then you know that you are starting with something decent.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
If you're prepared to spend the money, IIRC Warmoth do Iceman bodies.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Find yourself a good Ibanez Neck and get Perle Guitars to make you a body. They made an Iceman body for me. Mahogany, 7 string hipshot routes, fit my old RG7321 perfectly. Plus there are dudes selling Ibanez necks all the time. Or Perle can make you a neck too, but it will be just as much as Warmoth at that point.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9